DVDVR Message Board

The NHL Starts Again On 10/7

Dolfan in NYC

For those who care, the NHL Gamecenter streaming package is over 30 bucks cheaper this year. They've also added a "one team only" option that's $105. That's a great deal for 80+ games.

Later Wednesday afternoon, Erie County commissioner of Central Police Services John Glascott denied that any evidence had been mishandled or that the chain of custody had been broken.

“All evidence related to this case that was given to Erie County Central Police Services by the Town Of Hamburg Police Department is accounted for and remains in its original packaging in the possession of Erie County Central Police Services,” Glascott said in a statement. “This includes the evidence in the rape kit and the packaging itself.

“This evidence has been analyzed and reports of that analysis sent to the appropriate agencies.”

So - what was that on the table at the press conference?

Went to the Rangers-Devils game last night at the Rock. Good game for a preseason tilt, NYR won 4-3 on a whacky goal with 6 minutes left. Corey got the puck behind the net and went to clear it up the ice. Unfortunately for him there was a broken stick in the way he didn't notice and it deflected off of it right to a Ranger who deposited it into the empty net.

Late in teh game, I'd say the Blues enter the season looking something like this

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko

Schwartz-Lehtera-Jaskin

Fabbri-Backes-Brouwer

Ott-Brodziak-Reaves

Rattie, Upshall

Pietrangelo-Bouwmeester

Lindbohm-Shattenkirk

Gunnarson-Parayko 

Butler

Elliot

Allen

Notes:

The first line has looked great together, and Tarasenko has been on fire, to nobodys surprise. Stastny has seemingly settled in, and Steen is Steen.

For that second line, Jaskin has seemingly made sizable improvements in his biggest weakness: First Step. He has the size, overall speed, and shot to be a very effective top 6 power forward, but has always seemed a step slow. Early reports are he's looked much quicker this year. Lehtera just go off injury, and Jaden is a fantastic hockey player coming into his own.

Third Line is basically a "Let's see what Fabbri can do and cover him with a couple bruisers" deal. I don't know what I expect from Robby yet, but I expect big things long term.

4th Line is a 4th line.

The defensive pairings are interesting, as the Blues have 2 very very good defensemen (Petro and Kirk), one that could be there depending on if he plays better then last year (Bouw), and a Vet who could play top 4 in a pinch (Carl) , but are backed by 3 really really promising young players in Petteri Lindbohl, Colton Parayko, and Joel Edmunson, All 3 are big defensemen with solid mobility, all good in there own zone. Parayko is the most interesting though. 6'5, but was a late bloomer in terms of height. He got used to skating as a smaller guy, when it was actively one of his strengths. then had a major growth spurt, kept most of his skating prowess, and gained a gigantic Slapshot with good offensive instincts. Could, if things break right, turn into one of the best overall defensemen in the league. 

It's kinda funny, the Blues actually have outstanding talent right now in terms of young players, but some people aren't aware out of that, even in prospect pools.

Anyway, I love this team on paper. I fully expect a team that can win the Presidents Trophy. I won't get excited till we win a playoff series.

[plug]

Winter Palace Podcast episode 13: two minutes for murder.

Jeff Marek talks Live Audio Wrestling, Helping Trish Stratus get to the WWF, the new hockey season, 3 on 3 OT, the fortunes of the Leafs and Red Wings, the rookie seasons of Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel, will expansion to Vegas and Quebec City happen?, the new Junior Hockey season, Blue Jays fever, the status of the MvsW podcast with Greg Wyshynski and more.

http://tinyurl.com/winterep13

[/plug]

Rumor making the rounds is that Devils will announce tomorrow Brodeur night will be in February vs Oilers. Selling that game will probably get me back half of what I paid for my season tickets.

@reporterchris: Scottie Upshall turns his PTO into a two-way deal with #stlblues: He makes $700,000 in the NHL/$200,000 in the AHL.

-----

@NHLPlayerSafety:

San Jose's Raffi Torres has been suspended 41 games for an illegal check to the head and interference. Video: http://t.co/0Z9kgVAMyq

SO what will the NHLPA get it reduced down too I wonder.  Torres is such a skating bag of human excrement

We lost Frank Corrado on waivers. :o How do you groom a player for four years and just as he's about to be ready for the big club, you lose him for nothing? He's going to be a good second pairing defenseman pretty soon. Really good shot, solid positionally, good outlet pass. Enjoy, Toranna. 

I fucking hate my team.

• Like 1

We lost Frank Corrado on waivers. :o How do you groom a player for four years and just as he's about to be ready for the big club, you lose him for nothing? He's going to be a good second pairing defenseman pretty soon. Really good shot, solid positionally, good outlet pass. Enjoy, Toranna. 

I fucking hate my team.

Hope he makes the team.  The paisans in Woodbridge Ontario need a new Italian on the team so they can finally get rid of their Carlo Coliacovo and Sergio Momesso jerseys