DVDVR Message Board

The NHL Starts Again On 10/7

Dolfan in NYC

Is he the GM or is he one of those new fandangled presidents that is basically a GM+? He's good but as a lot of people have written about, many of the key moves that turned around the franchise were done by Jeff Gorton, heir apparent in New York, during the summer before Chia was hired.

No idea what the official title will be but put the money on the later.

And hey I'm not here to say Chiarelli is perfect (because lol he traded Seguin), but literally every senior exec in the NHL is a step up from Lowe. I'm happy with any change that shoves him to the side.

Benning was the one who really pushed hard for the Seguin trade. :) Yeah, Chiarelli had to make the final call and decide on the return but that youtube video sure doesn't paint ol' Jim Benning in a positive light. Though, I'm not really a Seguin fan.

Chiarelli is a huge step in the right direction for you lot, though. MacT is probably better off in a higher up position.

I have to laugh at TSN's commercials for 'unprecedented coverage of the World Hockey Championships.' At least they got Crosby. They're going to put lipstick on this pig and try to make people care about the tourny over here but good luck with that.

• Like 1

Is it any worse than whatever the hell the Spengler Cup is being on TV?

This is why the Spengler Cup must be on TV.

I debated posting the Jay and Dan dance video version, but did not want to distract from the purity of the song.

• Like 4

Goddamit Blues, $1200! Do you know how much that would have meant to me? It would have meant Twelve Hundred Dollars.

Only the Spengler Cup music can soothe me.

So......is that it for Hitchcock? And does Brian Elliott burn the whole mother down?

• Like 1

Goddamit Blues, $1200! Do you know how much that would have meant to me? It would have meant Twelve Hundred Dollars.

So......is that it for Hitchcock? And does Brian Elliott burn the whole mother down?

Hitchcock should be gone, as should Oshie. Backes has a solid shot of being out too. Really, the last 2 years the Blues fandom was mostly upset. Now, from what I see, they are pissed. They want changes. And I imagine Stillman is gonna give us some.

Also, I feel worse for our owner then anyone. Were running at a loss because he has got us to being a Cap team. He put all that in knowing he needed long playoff runs to make money. And he's a local who really wants this team to win a Cup. And the team just won't give a quarter of a damn for him.

What's the old gambling addage: Only fools bet on preseason games or the Blues in the playoffs. I have $15 Canadian dollars I can send you if it makes you feel better :-)

How are the Blues losing money? Shouldn't they have a strongish TV deal? They seem to do well with attendance (96% capacity). Tickets aren't cheap either.

It just sunk in that I'm going to be watching Connor fucking McDavid dummy Luca Sbisa, Derek Dorsett, and Ryan Miller for the next two years. Fuck, it's going to be a rough 3-5 years before we get a really standout pick too because of the Sedins being too good.

Granted, I didn't see all the games in the series. But 2 of the 3 I did, it looked like the Wild were skating circles around them. Have the Blues been deceptively slow this entire time or were they asleep? Because when I think of guys like Tank, Oshie, etc. slow is usually not what pops into my head.

I like Hitchcock. I like Backes. And I really like Oshie. But yeah, this shit isn't working. Get rid of them all. And everyone else too!

If you're offering up parts, we'll give you Enstrom and Ladd for Tank.

• Like 1

Blues are a pretty good skating team. They did trade Roman Polak to the Leafs. That was probably due to St. Louis sleepwalking/bad tactics/injuries/Minny being hopped up.

Roman Polak was actually the fastest skater on the team. That's not a joke. He'd win all of our skating tests every single year against anyone over and over again. He just doesn't use it in games for some reason I'll never understand. 

As for the "Wild skating circles around us" stuff, that really can just go to "Blues not having a playoff gear the Wild have". It's how it went with Chicago and LA.