DVDVR Message Board

The NHL Starts Again On 10/7

Dolfan in NYC

It's gonna be shitty to see another great junior player sent to the wasteland.

I'd guess Edmonton will ship out one of Hall, Eberle or RNH now that they'll have McDavid. Can probably get a decent return for any of them. Probably Eberle leaving when all is said and done. Get some much needed defensive help.

Are you kidding me? Edmonton? Again? Are you fucking kidding me?

Fuck Gary Bettman. Fuck the NHL Lottery. Fuck Edmonton as a team, brand and as a motherfucking crew. And if you down with Edmonton, then fuck you too. Wayne Gretzky? Fuck you too. All of you motherfuckers. Fuck you too.

• Like 2

Unbelievable.  Is this where the Oilers finally become a big boy franchise again?  Still a joke.  if the Coyotes had won the lottery the Canadian internets would break from people crying conspiracy.  Edmonton is on pace to win the draft lottery more times than the Habs have won the Stanley Cup.  Connor if you dont need to get paid right now just kill two years somewhere and you will be back in the draft

• Like 1

DGB With the correct opinion, when referencing power rankings for teams winning the lottery

The “Under Absolutely No Circumstances” Power Rankings

No. Just no.

5. Edmonton Oilers — They’re a tire fire, a train wreck, a running joke, a black hole from which no hope or happiness can ever escape. You might as well load McDavid into a nuclear submarine and fire him into the Mariana Trench.

4. Edmonton Oilers — Also, they already had the first overall pick three seasons in a row just a few years ago. Literally nobody wants this to happen.

3. Edmonton Oilers — Connor McDavid seems like a perfectly nice kid. Why would you do this to him? Why?

2. Kansas City Scouts — Wait, are they still in the league? No? OK, then in that case …

1. Edmonton Oilers — Look, I’m all for fairness and integrity, but if the Oilers win the lottery, then the league absolutely has to scrap the results and run it again. Don’t even delete the footage or try to cover it up — just have Bill Daly walk into the frame screaming, “Take two!” while angrily stuffing Ping-Pong balls back into the machine. Every hockey fan will understand.

• Like 2