DVDVR Message Board

The NHL Starts Again On 10/7

Dolfan in NYC

It's not even so much that they did this that bothers me as it is that the GM stood up there and said with a straight face they didn't go out of their way to lose and expected the team to be competitive, when it's "Peyton Manning got injured and the Colts see no reason to get a real QB for the rest of the year because it's the Luck/RG III draft" levels of obvious what's going on here.

They traded every goalie that dared to make a save!

Today is the 18th anniversary of the Whalers last ever game, a 2-1 win over TB. Kevin Dineen scored the final goal in team history that ended up being the decider. Of the three stooges who killed the team, only Rowland ended up receiving his just deserts and is currently in jail for corruption. It's just so sad that the city and the state are now as dead as a doornail, killed by stupid politicians too numerous to name. It's all over and I'm resigned to the fact there will never be NHL hockey there again, but it's still a wound to me that will never heal.

"There's no better springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish

I swear to God, this is not a joke post.

Send McDavid.

FYP

The Flyers have FE'd Craig Berube.

Think we all knew that was coming, but they have way more problems than coaching. Undoing all the godawful moves Homer made is their real challenge. Interesting that Berube and Nolan made history in 2013 as the first battle of coaches from the First Nations, and were fired within days of each other.

Did I just hear correctly? Did Elliotte Friedman just say there's a chance of Mike fucking Milbury coaching the Bruins next year? PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN! MAKE HIM THE GM TOO!

Also, how clenched are butts in Toronto, Buffalo, and Edmonton? Fuck the Coyotes btw.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 4