DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

There's not a white Jets golf shirt to be found in this city, so I'm rocking the blue golf shirt at work today. It's all that anybody is talking about around here, and if tonight's game goes to overtime, half the province is going to be calling in "sick" tomorrow.

On the downside, Nick Kypreos picked the Jets to make the Cup final. Since he's almost always wrong, that's a definite bad omen.

Watched all the games last night. Washington/NY and Calgary/Vancouver didn't really feel like they were at playoff intensity yet.

Chicago has to run with Darling, right?

The Subban slash ... 9 times out of 10, that's probably a minor penalty, no injury, no one remembers it. But if you're going to slash someone like that, there's a chance it goes wrong and it did. Sounds like Stone is out or will be ineffective if he does play. Big loss for the Sens and Hammond needs a short leash for the next game.

I wonder how many Jets fans will be in the building tonight. Don't you guys travel well in the Bettman belt of the NHL?

The Yzerman Cup is the other game I'm really interested to watch. Probably the closest series to call but I think Detroit's experience will pay off. Does that series sport the two best coaches in the league?

In other news, the wonderful fans of Vancouver are tearing Desjardins apart. He did seem to get outcoached pretty badly. I know the 4 line mandate is something Linden and Benning have been repeating ad nauseum the entire year, but you can't play the Sedins >5 mins in the third period.

There was a group of people buying tickets to go to Anaheim. You can find seats on stubhub for tonight for 50 bucks. For game 3, the cheapest seat on stubhub is over 700 bucks. Travel and tickets to both games there would probably cost less than buying a ticket for games 3 & 4 at this point.

Yzerman Cup should be great fun.

He did seem to get outcoached pretty badly. I know the 4 line mandate is something Linden and Benning have been repeating ad nauseum the entire year, but you can't play the Sedins >5 mins in the third period.

I don't understand how one could be out-coached by Hartley. (And don't get me wrong, I love Hartley.) He runs pretty much the exact same game-plan all the time.

No further punishment for PK. NHL is a joke because apparently you can injure someone with an (at best) highly reckless play or (at worst) a deliberate attempt to injure and not be suspended.

Man, the only thing that sucks about TSN losing NHL coverage is that we no longer get Chris Cuthbert calling playoff games but still have to endure that weak-chinned Gord Miller (thanks NBC!). 

I am rooting against both TB and Nashville because they both did the "we refuse to sell tickets to out of state residents" stunt that is fucking bush league. If the NHL had a real commissioner he'd tell them in no uncertain terms to knock the bullshit off. I thought the league has said visiting fans have the right to visit any arena?