DVDVR Message Board

AJ Retires

Dolfan in NYC

It's a gamble. 50% of marriages fall apart. But that's life. I could see WWE signing her back anyway.

This is way off-topic, but that is a myth. The divorce rate peaked with couples marrying in the '80s getting divorced at about that rate throughout the early-to-mid '90s. The divorce rate for married couples in the '00s so far is about fifteen percent. 

Now back to shitting on that talentless fuck Alex Riley.

To the degree that Miz's title push worked, it worked because of Alex Riley.

Miz made Riley way more than vice versa, just like he's made Sandow the last several months.

Miz is great at everything except the actual wrestling part of wrestling.

I don't think about Riley enough to hate him as much as you guys do.

It's a gamble. 50% of marriages fall apart. But that's life. I could see WWE signing her back anyway.

This is way off-topic, but that is a myth. The divorce rate peaked with couples marrying in the '80s getting divorced at about that rate throughout the early-to-mid '90s. The divorce rate for married couples in the '00s so far is about fifteen percent. 

I'm not sure you could have read the math on your link any more poorly. Yes, the divorce rate is down. No, it has not dropped from ~50% to 15%. Couples married in the 00s have a divorce rate of 15% so far because, go figure, they haven't been married that long. That 15% number after an average of 8 years compares to 17% for couples married in the 90s, and 19% for couples married in the 80s.

I'm not sure you could have read the math on your link any more poorly. Yes, the divorce rate is down. No, it has not dropped from ~50% to 15%. Couples married in the 00s have a divorce rate of 15% so far because, go figure, they haven't been married that long. That 15% number after an average of 8 years compares to 17% for couples married in the 90s, and 19% for couples married in the 80s.

Yeah, I never made the claim that it has dropped from %50 to %15 flat, so I'm not sure you could have read my post more poorly.

Thanks for the analysis of the link that I already know (thus the "so far," but even though they haven't been married that long, they are trending at a lower divorce rate than previous generations), but I'll ask your help the next time I need help understanding something. :)

Yeah, I never made the claim that it has dropped from %50 to %15 flat, so I'm not sure you could have read my post more poorly.

You said the 50% number was "a myth", (when it's likely that couples married in the 80s will hit that number,) and the only number you referenced to contrast it with was 15%, but my apologies. I tend to assume when people so badly misstate statistics, that means that they either don't understand them or are willfully attempting to mislead people.

• Like 1

I thought the board was supportive of Riley. I remember a lot of posts with people saying "He's over on Superstars! The crowd reacts when his music hits!"

Was I dreaming? I know people enjoyed his brawl and mini feud with Miz also.

I bet his terrible commentary drove away quite a few supporters

Riley had the best mini feud of the year with Owens, it's a shame so many people are apathetic towards him that they wanted to see him get his ass kicked when he was supposed to be garnering sympathy and yeah, maybe it was a huge rib or something from his detractors backstage, but hell I enjoyed it. Riley would be a pretty good heel.

As for AJ leaving, good. Invest all the monies in Paige.

I thought the board was supportive of Riley. I remember a lot of posts with people saying "He's over on Superstars! The crowd reacts when his music hits!"

Was I dreaming? I know people enjoyed his brawl and mini feud with Miz also.

You can look at this thread to see how psychotic and delusional AJ fans are. Riley making a fairly innocuous joke about her was going to set them off.

Her going away will be the best thing to happen for the women. She was over pushed for years and buried everyone and did not get anybody over. 

She buried the division for seven months as champion, slipped on a banana peel against Paige, disappeared and left Paige defending against the same division she killed. 

Only thing better for the women would be the Bellas disappearing.

• Like 10

Does Vic know that AJ Lee and Michelle McCool are not the same person?

Not only that, he's pulling out the 'You guys are butt hurt because someone made fun of your hero(ine) who sucks', even though the only reason he hates AJ is because she made a Lawler paedo joke two years ago.

• Like 1

McCool actually put people over and could cut a promo.

No AJ botched a Lawler pedo (You are on an American site) which is the easiest joke in the world. Which is a good example of how bad she is on the mic. But you had people hear acting like she was not terrible.

Ryback actually did take out the whole announce team in one segment and the same people ignored it.

Edit: Oh shit I just remembered one guy saying AJ had 27 years as a woman or something to defend her. Which I still find funny for some reason.

Well we are going to nip this all in the bud now because many of you will be happy I do it now instead of in 5 pages when you would no longer have the ability to see it.

• Like 3