DVDVR Message Board

AJ Retires

Dolfan in NYC

The only thing that could affect a long-term change for the women's division on the main roster is for every single part of it to be like NXT...which is really bizarre because it's a WWE-produced program. They've got the blueprint they should be using, and instead of going with say a tire that's round, they're trying to gain forward momentum driving square tires.

They never really play up what made AJ or what makes Paige different than all the "model" divas. They are all beautiful women. Paige is supposed to be the anti-diva. How? What does that mean?  If you watch Total Divas she is riding with Rosa and Alicia and they are all best friends, they all dress pretty similar and on television Paige never really receives much promo time so what is it about her that the audience is supposed to be like SHE'S DIFFERENT than the rest. 

None of the divas get much character development.

You know, it's one thing for Punk to burn his bridges with WWE...but he burned hers, too. You think that might have occurred to when he was doing all those interviews and whatnot.

Would it have been that hard for him to just smile, say "I'm retiring from wrestling" and not say anything bad about the company? For her sake, if nothing else?

Eh, whatever. Maybe she was done with wrestling anyway. As long as she's happy, I suppose.

To be fair, she was still featured as one of the main players of the division and got the win at Mania. Who knows what was happening backstage, but they clearly didn't depush her or anything over it.

• Like 1

To be fair, she was still featured as one of the main players of the division and got the win at Mania. Who knows what was happening backstage, but they clearly didn't depush her or anything over it.

Yeah, but probably because they knew how bad it would look.

Meltzer made it clear on Wrestling Observer Radio she was dealing with as much shit backstage over Punk as you'd expect. It was a very toxic and unfriendly environment. 

I get Punk's whole thing is SPEAKING HIS MIND~! But, come on, if you parted ways with a company on not-very-good terms but your wife was still there...eh, no matter how bad you felt, most people would try to be diplomatic. You wouldn't want to make things difficult for your spouse.

As for Alex Riley I'm not sure if anyone on this board hates him as much as I do.

He's a disgrace to his first name. He's also probably the reason Rusev (who is not a disgrace) hasn't got a first name, when he'd be bringing further honour (not that further honour is needed) to it. So bollocks to Riley.

• Like 1