DVDVR Message Board

AJ Retires

Dolfan in NYC

One of her finest moments was when they threw her on commentary to get buried by the entire team and she verbally did the equivalent of the Terry Funk spinning ladder spot on them.

September 9, 2013.  My sad, flaccid twitter account is named for it.

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/529-raw-9-9-13/page-7#entry31885

@Sep9LawlerJoke
  • Like 2

One of her finest moments was when they threw her on commentary to get buried by the entire team and she verbally did the equivalent of the Terry Funk spinning ladder spot on them.

God yes, she buried all three of them without breaking a sweat and brushing off everything they threw at her.

Two thoughts both with no evidence to back them up

1) With the talk of the WWE wanting to have Total Divas and the Divas on Raw more match, Managment came to AJ and said we need you to be on TD or you won't be in the picture and so she choose to leave.

2) She want to start a family and sees that is easier to do if she's not on the road 200+ days?

I mean it's gotta be kinda hard to stay in biz when married to a guy that now hates it. He's said he wouldn't watch her stuff anymore in interviews and there were rumours of some strife there. Maybe she just decided she had to stand with her relationship over her career.

In the end we won't know unless she tells us. Kind of a sad and abrupt end to a great career. Sort of like Punk himself.

On the other hand, getting the submission win at Mania in what was without question the best booked and most seriously taken women's match at the show in years isn't a bad way to go out.

• Like 1

Well, two angles to look at this. One, she had accomplished really all there is to do for a women's wrestler in WWE and a six-year run for a diva is pretty good. 

Two, she was pushed and protected harder than all but a few women wrestlers over the years, Shit, she was basically one of the most pushed act in the company for a few months there. 

I agree wholeheartedly, she reached the glass ceiling in WWE. Unless WWE is willing to really invest in the Divas  from an in-ring stand point and push it seriously then I guess there nothing left for her to do in WWE. 

Im gonna miss her because Im sure she wont want to work anywhere other the the big time, so unless Punk gets on good terms with WWE or the split up I dont see her wrestling anytime soon.

I dont want to be one of those guys but I do believe she would have been very content with working in WWE if she wasnt with Punk. It was her dream job but if your spouse his a went through what Punk went through and saying WWE isnt what its cracked up to be that sure you wont look at WWE as your dream job IMO.

I wonder if her comments to Stephanie about giving divas a chance were a shoot.

Rosenberg is losing his mind on Twitter over this. Many tweets about how AJ has attitude issues and how this diva is more talented and that diva is better in the ring, etc. I really do not like Rosenberg.

Maybe you shouldn't follow people you don't like on Twitter

• Like 1

Can't say I'm sorry to her go. Outside of her crazy girlfriend period and her friendship with Kaitlyn I never really liked her.

I see a lot of people saying "she's only 28, she can always come back" but usually diva retirements are final.  Maryse, Melina, Eve Torres, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler, Trish, Lita.

The Bellas are the only divas I can think of who retired and then returned on a full time schedule.

The Bellas never retired. They just took a break from WWE. They were expected to eventually return.

If Charlotte wasn't a sure thing to get a call-up before, she is now.

If there's any credence to the "WWE wants Total Divas and the Raw Divas to match more", would they even call up Charlotte just due to the "Putting her on Total Divas would force WWE to deal with the fact they'd have her active TNA wrestler husband on WWE programming" thing?

I wonder if her comments to Stephanie about giving divas a chance were a shoot.

Rosenberg is losing his mind on Twitter over this. Many tweets about how AJ has attitude issues and how this diva is more talented and that diva is better in the ring, etc. I really do not like Rosenberg.

Maybe you shouldn't follow people you don't like on Twitter

Maybe you shouldn't assume. I saw his tweets on another wrestling site.