DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Reed

Other old shows they should revive (the President of TV will 100% read this thread)

The thread being bumped reminded me that I wanted Tales from the Crypt back on page 1 and now it's on it's way but in the worst possible way. 

With the recent passing of Sylvia Anderson, I think the world is ready for a reboot of UFO.

Could we get HBO to team up with Ben Affleck and adapt the "Kenzie & Gennaro" novels into a series?

Each "season" would comprise a single novel.

I'd have Casey Affleck and Slaine reprise their roles from "Gone Baby Gone" as they both still look youthful enough, but replace Michelle Monaghan as even in "Gone" she didn't fit the part as Dennis Lehane wrote it even ignoring how much older she looked in "Pixels" last year.

Each season would be a faithful adaptation of Lehane's novels, set in the year it was published and HBO would drive a dump truck full of cash to Cary Fukunaga's house to get him to direct the final episode of "Darkness Take My Hand" with the confrontation with the bad guy in the bar and then the playground.

• Like 1

Having finally watched Galavant on Netflix, I want somebody to pick that up.

Halloween variety shows with drunken celebrities from the 60s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerome Miller said:

Could we get HBO to team up with Ben Affleck and adapt the "Kenzie & Gennaro" novels into a series?

Each "season" would comprise a single novel.

I'd have Casey Affleck and Slaine reprise their roles from "Gone Baby Gone" as they both still look youthful enough, but replace Michelle Monaghan as even in "Gone" she didn't fit the part as Dennis Lehane wrote it even ignoring how much older she looked in "Pixels" last year.

Each season would be a faithful adaptation of Lehane's novels, set in the year it was published and HBO would drive a dump truck full of cash to Cary Fukunaga's house to get him to direct the final episode of "Darkness Take My Hand" with the confrontation with the bad guy in the bar and then the playground.

Count me in on this one.  LeHane did some writing on The Wire, so he probably has some connections there. 

I wonder what sort of episode Sports Night would come up with in these days of ESPN covering UFC, WWE, and having Lucha Underground folks in the SportsCenter studio.

And I still want a wrap up season or mini-series for Joan of Arcadia. I want them to admit that yes God talks to her, and have a payoff of the last season setup where she's basically going versus the Devil. Somehow, it should involve a guy named Bob.

20 hours ago, Ace said:

Having finally watched Galavant on Netflix, I want somebody to pick that up.

Probably not since you're probably one of the only 2 people that actually watched season 2.

4 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Probably not since you're probably one of the only 2 people that actually watched season 2.

have-a-dragon.gif

• Like 1

I've wanted a live action Futurama movie for a decade now. It's never going to happen but I just can't accept that.

Still wish they hadn't done away with Code Monkeys when they did. Now that there isn't a G4 for it to air on, I wish that Adult Swim would give it a shot.