DVDVR Message Board

Other old shows they should revive (the President of TV will 100% read this thread)

Reed

I'd be ok with more seasons of CSI: Miami.

No, really.

T.V. has a hole in its heart without new episodes of that beautiful pulp being out there.  None of the other junky crime shows have aimed so high at flying so low.  It was magnificent.

I'd say Police Squad!, but without Leslie Nielsen, I don't know that it'd be worth it.

Kind of the same thing that keeps me from suggesting NewsRadio. Might be my favorite show of all time, but that last season without Phil Hartman was just. . .bleh.

How about:

My Mother, the Car

Manimal

Lidsville

The $1.98 Beauty Pageant

The Gong Show

My Favorite Martian

Mr. Ed

There, that's some quality television! Of course, I quit smoking pot a number of years ago, so I'm not quite sure how well I'd like these shows today...  I do know that these required what we called "enhanced viewing" back in the day...

Mr. Ed honestly holds up. I would not want a remake of that. The guy who did Ed's voice was just perfect and can't be replaced. Ed would end up being some rapping magical horse or something like that. It also wouldn't work because so many of his storylines revolved around people not finding out he could talk, and now you could just put an iphone in his den and figure it out sooner or later.

I really just want to see a new Star Trek series and maybe some new version of Cribs/Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. I hate reboots for the most part and very few work out anyway. A Full House reboot sounds like a disaster in the making and I'd prefer no one touches Baywatch and Mr. Ed.

The thing about Baywatch is....yeah, it's a classic show, but it was not THAT good in the first place. It's not at all like they'd be remaking The Wire or The Sopranos. It was a cheesy, fun show will scantily clad women and absurd storylines.

Besides, I'd like David Hasselhoff back on my TV.

It's weird. I watched all the 90s family sitcoms but I can't remember how any of them ended. Full House, Family Matters.. seems like they went on for fucking ever. Kids grew up. I have no idea what happened on these after like season 5.

Full House - No end. The last ep is a Michelle lovefest. She falls off a horse, sees her twin(who came to her while she was unconscious) and that's it.

Family Matters - Steve gets ready to marry Laura and does a space mission. Eddie joins the police, Carl I think gets promoted a little higher and that's mostly it.

Step By Step - This show changed so much from the original that it's basically a seperate show. Anyway, they try to sell the house but Lily stops them and they reflect.

The thing about Baywatch is....yeah, it's a classic show, but it was not THAT good in the first place. It's like they'd be remaking The Wire or The Sopranos. It was a cheesy, fun show will scantily clad women and absurd storylines.

Besides, I'd like David Hasselhoff back on my TV.

Agreed. I'm a pretty big Baywatch fan but it's definitely not a classic. They got a heck of a lot out of the show though which I find admireable and they really overacheived on it's shelflife. I just wish they would have done a better job with what they did. The eps are very cheesey(which doesn't bother me) and you can just tell the quality was never important.

I just don't think a revival would work as people would see through it immediately and the T&A aspect wouldn't have that much of an impact as it did before.

I was going to say bring back Baywatch:Nights, but while looking it up I found out that Lou Rawls has been dead for 10 years, and now I'm just bummed.

Baywatch Nights' intro was superb:

• Like 1

I'd say Police Squad!, but without Leslie Nielsen, I don't know that it'd be worth it.

Kind of the same thing that keeps me from suggesting NewsRadio. Might be my favorite show of all time, but that last season without Phil Hartman was just. . .bleh.

My exact thoughts. He really was the glue that held that ragtag ship together. I'd love to see Freaks and Geeks come back, but with how much the cast has aged and the setting of the show I'm not sure it would work.

• 2 weeks later...

Young Justice season 3 is the thing I want most, live ac or xartoon, dramatic or comedic.

Alternatively, if you can get the cast and GOOD writers (say seasons 2-6) I would pay money for Night Court 2015.

Oh, man, a Night Court reboot would be awesome. . .as long as we could get someone to properly fill the Dan Fielding role. Having trouble coming up with a guy in that age bracket that would actually take the role and do it justice.

Young Justice season 3 is the thing I want most, live ac or xartoon, dramatic or comedic.

Alternatively, if you can get the cast and GOOD writers (say seasons 2-6) I would pay money for Night Court 2015.

Oh, man, a Night Court reboot would be awesome. . .as long as we could get someone to properly fill the Dan Fielding role. Having trouble coming up with a guy in that age bracket that would actually take the role and do it justice.

How about a dark reboot where Harry snapped and Dan has to defend him in a murder trial. . . .

http://youtu.be/3nsDv_lkaLw

• Like 2

Quantum Leap, just one episode to wrap it up.

Hell a five minute segment seeing Scott Bakula leap home would do it. . .

Or jumps into the body of a Navy Cop on New Orleans and can't jump out?

He jumps into the body of a Bad Lieutenant in New Orleans and can't get out.

Kind of the same thing that keeps me from suggesting NewsRadio. Might be my favorite show of all time, but that last season without Phil Hartman was just. . .bleh.

My exact thoughts. He really was the glue that held that ragtag ship together. I'd love to see Freaks and Geeks come back, but with how much the cast has aged and the setting of the show I'm not sure it would work.

I'm not sure I'd want a Freaks and Geeks show, but I would love a straight to Netflix Freaks and Geeks movie that revolves around a 20 year class reunion or something. I think that would be great. 

• Like 1

I rewatched a good chunk of Millennium not too long ago, and the thing that struck me the most was how hard Lance Henriksen was trying in season one not to look 20 years older than his on-screen wife (Megan Gallagher).

By season three, he was in "awww fuck it mode" and stopped dyeing his hair - making him look 20 years older than he had in season one.

Really dug season twp (Morgan/Wong were showrunnersl re-imagined the Millennium Group as an ancient secret society somewhat like the freemasons).  Seasons one and three don't do much for me.