DVDVR Message Board

Other old shows they should revive (the President of TV will 100% read this thread)

Reed

The way TV is now, CBS would pick up a Columbo remake, cast Dylan McDermott (The American Horror Story guy not My Best Friend's Wedding's guy), have Columbo be a drug addict with a TROUBLED PAST~! and have him churn out some Caruso-style one liners.

"There's just one more thing...you're going to jail, punk!"

Could be worse.  An NBC revival would probably saddle him with a dead partner who may or may not have been crooked and some sort of secret organization within the police force (unless they decided to make it a secret international cartel instead).

• Like 1

Actually, I'm kind of surprised no one has tried to do a new Gong Show.  With reality TV being so hot a few years ago and nearly everyone wanting to be on the telly, watching people embarrass themselves for fleeting fame would have given the show tons of material to work with.

Then again, American Idol covered a lot of that ground.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised no one has tried to do a new Gong Show. With reality TV being so hot a few years ago and nearly everyone wanting to be on the telly, watching people embarrass themselves for fleeting fame would have given the show tons of material to work with.

Isn't America's Got Talent basicly the Gong Show?

Per Wikipedia

The Gong Show was later revived on the Game Show Network as Extreme Gong, in which viewers could call in and vote on whether or not the act was bad. It was hosted by George Gray and ran from 1998 to 1999,

Comedy Central debuted a new incarnation called The Gong Show with Dave Attell, which lasted for 8 weeks in the summer of 2008

Actually, I'm kind of surprised no one has tried to do a new Gong Show. With reality TV being so hot a few years ago and nearly everyone wanting to be on the telly, watching people embarrass themselves for fleeting fame would have given the show tons of material to work with.

Isn't America's Got Talent basicly the Gong Show?

America's Got Talent is so utterly bizarre in that they constantly pick acts based on them being one trick ponies that can fill 90 seconds, then bring them back 5 times and chew them out for being one trick ponies with 90 seconds of material. The actual audition shows are a sort of entertaining mess and then after that it totally falls apart to me.

Honestly, it would be a much better show if they ditched the competition prize and just had new people doing silly things every week.

• Like 2

If you are proposing getting Jami Gertz, Tracy Nelson, and Amy Linker together in one t.v. box, then I will work tirelessly to further your cause.

See this is why we need PSYCH back.  On any given week, there was a chance that they would just do a square pegs episode or something.  There was always a chance.

• Like 1

If you are proposing getting Jami Gertz, Tracy Nelson, and Amy Linker together in one t.v. box, then I will work tirelessly to further your cause.

See this is why we need PSYCH back.  On any given week, there was a chance that they would just do a square pegs episode or something.  There was always a chance.

Jamie Gertz, Less Than Zero era, was my young adult movie star crush. Then it seemed like she dropped off the face of the earth.

• Like 1

For the love of God, bring back Southland. Or just give us a movie to wrap up the stories.

I never watched that particular show, but after Serenity showed how elegantly a movie could wrap up a tv show that was canceled early, and Veronica Mars and kickstarter paved a way to do it...  I'm surprised we aren't seeing more of this kind of stuff.

I'd say Police Squad!, but without Leslie Nielsen, I don't know that it'd be worth it.

Don't know if it's been dropped/development hell, but a Naked Gun reboot was announced with Ed Helms.

http://screenrant.com/naked-gun-movie-reboot-ed-helms-frank-drebin-2014/

For me personally, I want to see True Blue come back. I loved the show when I was a kid. I thought the NYPD ESU Truck on the show was so cool. So much could be done with today's counter terror cops.

I say FX should bring back Terriers.  The Americans (which is a great show) doesn't exactly get the best ratings, but they're 3 seasons in with a 4th already ordered.  Why couldn't they do the same for Terriers?  I'm still pissed that show never got a second season.

• Like 1