DVDVR Message Board

Other old shows they should revive (the President of TV will 100% read this thread)

Reed

The X Files, Twin Peaks, Coach, Full House are all set for returns, so what else could come bacK?

I guess Firefly is the obvious one.

Deadwood

Thunder in Paradise but with Cena instead of Hogan in the lead role.

Also, no one gave a shit about Poltergiest the Legacy the first time around, but that was a damn good show.

• Like 1

Can we just get a season 2 for Starved? I still hold a grudge against It's Always Sunny In Philly for getting the nod from FX over that show...of course, the show was marketed horribly, in that they portrayed it as "Seinfeld with eating disorders" when it was more of a dramedy along the lines of Rescue Me or OITNB...but it was really fucking good and if it came along today would probably fit in nicely on Netflix or something...

I want a Kung-Fu Columbo set in 19th-century China.  He would be a kind of shambling rumpled old investigator that the emperor sends to deal with super wealthy aristocrats who murder someone important (and who are also of course super Chi masters).  Kung Fu Columbo has to hide his fighting prowess throughout the movie to keep up the non-threatening act but eventually goes full bore in the big finale.

Showtime's anthology shows like Fallen Angels and Masters of Horror might be worth a second shot.

Both were inconsistent, but they could be amazing (I loved the Fallen Angels episode with Danny Glover as Philip Marlowe and Imprint is one of the best horror films ever, IMO.)

The way TV is now, CBS would pick up a Columbo remake, cast Dylan McDermott (The American Horror Story guy not My Best Friend's Wedding's guy), have Columbo be a drug addict with a TROUBLED PAST~! and have him churn out some Caruso-style one liners.

"There's just one more thing...you're going to jail, punk!"

I am surprised that this is not a thing on the WWE Network.

I would say Space: 1999 if it weren't so time dated so I will go with UFO or Blake's 7.

How about:

My Mother, the Car

Manimal

Lidsville

The $1.98 Beauty Pageant

The Gong Show

My Favorite Martian

Mr. Ed

There, that's some quality television! Of course, I quit smoking pot a number of years ago, so I'm not quite sure how well I'd like these shows today...  I do know that these required what we called "enhanced viewing" back in the day...

I am surprised that this is not a thing on the WWE Network.

I would legitimately rather see this than some Godawful Jerry Springer thing they have planned.

That boat was fucking cool.

People shit on that show, but it was an important part of my childhood.

Hooray for my childhood.