DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: RANDY ORTON

RIPPA

I'll just say this and leave it:

I'd rather get hot sauce in my pee hole than watch anything with Randy Orton doing anything for more than five minutes.

• Like 1

w/Batista and Kane vs Goldberg, Shawn Michaels and Rob Van Dam

w/Cody Rhodes and Manu vs Triple H and Batista

w/Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and CM Punk vs John Cena, Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels

vs Wade Barrett for the WWE Championship

vs Cody Rhodes

It's strange, Orton is a guy that's in a lot of great matches but he's very rarely that guy that makes them great.

I have a fondness for that ridiculous 60 minute match he and Cena had that involved these Memphis style brawls through the crowd with Orton trying to kill Cena via pyro. It escalated nicely across the hour

Orton is at his most tolerable in GIF form.

He's good enough when he's nowhere near the World Title and John Cena, and acting like a goof.

Randy Orton is not good enough when he's main eventing pay per views, wrestling the same people for ten years, and taking up multiple segments with his monotone delivery.

If he'd stick to SmackDown tag matches and Holiday-themed PG streetfights, that'd be great.

When this happened, I had a TON of people at work who NEVER had an interest in wrestling come up to me and ask, "Who is this Randy Orton guy who punted Vince McMahon?" And those people watched through Wrestlemania. Where Orton lost. And those people were lost. Plus, Randy always had a great female fanbase. People talk about missing the boat with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, etc. But Wrestlemania 25 was the first example of this. They missed the boat big time.

They also should have kept the IED gimmick with him. That was different and fresh.

Orton's awesome though.

The only version of Randy Orton I ever enjoyed was Legend Killer... and ending the Undertaker's streak was a natural progression for that character so fuck them for never pulling the trigger on that

Urban legend says that there was some handshake agreement / drug deal worked out that The Streak would continue until Calloway was ready to retire.