DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - THE REST OF THE SEASON...

RIPPA

If LA doesn't tone it down, this could be historically ugly. I was going to say "this could be ugly" but that ship has sailed.

Let me preface this with saying Scrivens is clearly not the only problem right now. Obviously.

But this is also sort of what I feared. Scrivens is a good athlete. He was a quality NCAA starter (with the short season), and a quality backup. He's had games here and there when he has looked like a star. But he was totally untested being asked to go past 40 games as a full time starter, and he looks very tired the last couple weeks. His legs look heavy and he's let in some bad goals that you often see in Stanley Cup playoff long overtimes when a goalie is physically gassed.

He's hardly the only issue here but I have serious doubts he is a NHL #1. Quality backup, good in stretches.

Obviously, needs a hell of a lot more help in front of him too. Oscar Klefbom is 21 and is kind of clearly our best defenseman in a post-Petry world. This cannot stand.

Brandon Pirri scored again tonight and is having one of the most historically bizarre seasons in league history and it's almost completely flying under the radar because he's a Panther; 22 goals and 2 assists in 45 games. Just plain damn weird.

Brandon Pirri scored again tonight and is having one of the most historically bizarre seasons in league history and it's almost completely flying under the radar because he's a Panther; 22 goals and 2 assists in 45 games. Just plain damn weird.

He's the second coming of Petr Klima, the former Red Wing (and Edmonton OT hero) whose nickname under Jacques Demers was "Cy Young" because "he was 25 and 7 every year" :)
  • Like 1

The Blues: Beat Calgary 4-0. Lost five of their next six games, including against three of Calgary's main rivals for a playoff spot. Beat Calgary again 4-1 last night.

What a bunch of jerks.

And, of course, Edmonton provides no help on the OOT scoreboard, getting demolished by LA. Minnesota and Vancouver both lost, but they're probably out of reach of the Flames now, so even that doesn't make me feel any better.

On the bright side, Calgary's next two games are against bottom feeders (Edmonton and Arizona), and then they play their two main rivals in LA and Winnipeg. So the Flames control their own destiny as much as one could really hope down the stretch.

• Like 1

Yes. That Sedin line change for the 3rd goal was... wow. Whut? They're smarter than that, aren't they (I think)?

Edler getting dummied, then spinning around and refusing to get back into the play for the 2nd may be worse. I don't know.

Vrbata's pass was money, so IT'S ALL GOOD! *denial nod*

Anyway, let's make it a 3 pointer, yeah.

It looks like half the players out there are hung over. Unfortunately for the Jets, it's all their defensemen.

I'd be on board with getting to cut of of work each day at 1 pm to go drink and watch Jets playoff games in a bar somewhere.

Hey, Detroit won an eight-round shootout! With Jimmy Howard! Of course, that's after they had a chance to win it in three rounds but Jimmy have up an easy one.

Last night's game was a little ridiculous officiating-wise. Really, really one-sided. Not as bad as Mickey Redmond thought but really bad.

Penguins are in freefall, and I just realized this: they are going to miss the playoffs but win the lottery :-(

They dont own their first round pick ; Edmonton does.
OK, didn't realize that. That's a relief, but they play us in Buffalo on last day of the season and our push for McEichel may end up coming down to that game. I really hope the Pens pull their heads out of their asses by then!

Please, please, PLEASE somebody score before this LA/Vancouver game goes to overtime. I don't care who, just anybody.

Edit: Well so much for that...

At least LA was limited to the loser point, so it wasn't the very worst possible outcome for the Flames tonight.