DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

I am not sure when this was actually announced but for those of you who watch it - The Americans has been renewed

Saw that, did a happy dance :)

And straight off the "Coach" news, Netflix is in serious talks to bring back "Full House." The continuation would be called "Fuller House" and apparently focus on D.J. and Kimmy. Candace Cameron and Andrea Barber (who hasn't acted since the original show ended) have reportedly signed on, with Saget, Stamos and Coulier considering at least guest spots.

And straight off the "Coach" news, Netflix is in serious talks to bring back "Full House." The continuation would be called "Fuller House" and apparently focus on D.J. and Kimmy. Candace Cameron and Andrea Barber (who hasn't acted since the original show ended) have reportedly signed on, with Saget, Stamos and Coulier considering at least guest spots.

Just because Disney pulled that shit off with Girl Meets World, some shows are just better off not coming back.

Less shitty bringing back a 90s show news!

http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/

EXCLUSIVE: They’re back! Frequent collaborators and longtime friends Bob Odenkirk and David Cross have teamed for a new sketch comedy series, With Bob and David, which has been picked up by Netflix. The streaming service has ordered four half-hour episodes and one hourlong “making-of” special from the project, which has just started production.

Here is how Odenkirk and Cross describe With Bob and David: After being dishonorably discharged from the Navy SEAL, Bob and David are back serving our country the way they do best: making sketch comedy. Four half-hours of brand-new comedy featuring all new characters, all new scenes and, most importantly, all new wigs.

wbad-netflix-copy.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

• Like 2

Less shitty bringing back a 90s show news!

http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/

EXCLUSIVE: They’re back! Frequent collaborators and longtime friends Bob Odenkirk and David Cross have teamed for a new sketch comedy series, With Bob and David, which has been picked up by Netflix. The streaming service has ordered four half-hour episodes and one hourlong “making-of” special from the project, which has just started production.

Here is how Odenkirk and Cross describe With Bob and David: After being dishonorably discharged from the Navy SEAL, Bob and David are back serving our country the way they do best: making sketch comedy. Four half-hours of brand-new comedy featuring all new characters, all new scenes and, most importantly, all new wigs.

wbad-netflix-copy.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Umm...fuck yeah!

Finally started on HOUSE OF CARDS.  I've been putting it off because I'm already pretty miserable every time I think about politics and it just seemed to real and drably depressing, and kind of reminded me of DAMAGES which was just a miserable slog without any fun in watching it.

But, hell, if someone had just said "We hired Will Shakespeare's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson to rewrite Othello/Richard III for today" I wouldn't have waited so long!

Very good point...and it wasn't like Lynch was as heavily involved in the original show as most think (it was like 90% guest directors.)

But, still, you need him on board and giving it his blessing. No David Lynch just gives it a bad buzz even before they've started filming.

What caused the Showtime/Lynch relationship to sour so badly.

Lynch was saying how needed a big budget to preserve "his vision" and how he has so much "artistic integrity" and will never sell out his dignity.

Then the showtime exec rolled his eyes and handed him a DVD boxset of The Cleveland Show.

What caused the Showtime/Lynch relationship to sour so badly.

Lynch was saying how needed a big budget to preserve "his vision" and how he has so much "artistic integrity" and will never sell out his dignity.

Then the showtime exec rolled his eyes and handed him a DVD boxset of The Cleveland Show.

I love that story.