DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

For all the faults with the poster I can attest that xicw puts on killer shows, and the prices (excluding the VIP deal which I agree is high) aren't high at all considering the talent they bring in.

Your average Indy here in suburban Detroit is charging 15 bucks for general admission and they aren't bringing in 3 or 4 fairly big names each show. I don't know how that compares with shows in other areas though.

Fo') The photos aren't properly cropped, ESPECIALLY Joe - you can see the bottom of the photo peek out from the caption, which looks very bush-league

It's XICW they're the epitome of bush league, that's part of their appeal! Their show's are always a lot of fun.

Looking at Dolfan's post makes me wonder if Kevin Owens is the grown-up, hostile version of Gene Belcher, like something snapped after puberty hit?

I can't tell if you've ruined Bob's Burgers for me, ruined Kevin Owens for me, or made both infinitely better.

Eh, at least everything is spelled correctly on the XICW poster, and it's not listing a "former WWE star" that jobbed to Paul London on Velocity. That automatically right there puts it better than 95% of other indy posters/flyers.

True.  Also, only decade-old pics is better than the new fucking OMEGA poster that came out, with a 1989 shot of Ricky Steamboat with the NWA World title.

• Like 1

Looking at Dolfan's post makes me wonder if Kevin Owens is the grown-up, hostile version of Gene Belcher, like something snapped after puberty hit?

I can't tell if you've ruined Bob's Burgers for me, ruined Kevin Owens for me, or made both infinitely better.

0fc_zpsy35m1oaw.gif

• Like 2

kkb.jpg

180px-Bundy3.jpg

tumblr_nh6tqmRwHT1rg89a6o1_400.jpg

As someone who works in marketing that Bundy ad is just strange to me. I love King Kong Bundy but he seems like one of the most odd people that you could have as a spokesperson for a computer. Was Hogan or Andre not available? It was probably one of those things where the President of Vendex was friends with Bundy and he thought it would be great to have an ad campaign center around him.