DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I want that WWE Studios movie Ambrose did last year that is basically being pitched as "Die Hard with Dean Ambrose" to come out already.

Like, seriously, if you just market it as "Die Hard with Dean Ambrose" it will do Marvel movie numbers.

Die Hard Dean Ambrose has a Stone Cold Steve Austin like ring to it. Dean could get the entire arena to chant "die" like Metallica does on Creeping Death before hitting his finish. Reigns will secretly be playing bass in the back.

Gotta go with a reference to an ...And Justice For All track, since they're already turning the volume all the way down on Roman's segments, anyway...

WWE’s Talent Media Training program is conducted in partnership with Kevin Sullivan Communications.

Unfortunately you have to intern in the Dungeon of Doom.

Apparently, they don't even get hot water there.

97jgvl.jpg

But at least there's Hulkamaniacs there, right....?

• Like 4

On Edge's Wikipedia page it says that when the WWF signed him they paid off $40,000 of his outstanding college debt. Has anyone ever heard of them doing things like that before? Does it come out the talent's future earnings?

It was a "signing bonus".

Harley Race once smacked down Vader...a couple of years ago...while sitting in a motorized scooter.

Really, more than Sika should be upset about Reigns losing at WrestleMania.  It's a fine finish for Extreme Rules but Reigns needed the win at WrestleMania regardless of any vocal backlash from that particular live audience.  Lesnar's gone again and Reigns has to go on to carry one of the tours.  Reigns going on Good Morning America while wearing the wounds of war while showing highlights of said war might've picked up some new viewers.  I can't imagine any new viewers coming out of Seth Rollins explaining that he traded in a briefcase to get the title because, now take yourself out of the wrestling bubble for a second, that sounds amazingly stupid.

About to post that.

She more or less single handily kicked off and forced the diva division revival, was at one point massively over (Jae says the most over in the company although I'm not sure I'd go quite that far) and was for a time my flat out favorite act in WWE.

I kinda think who she's married too is going to possibly prevent a well deserved hall of fame induction.

Random: the beat writer for the KC Royals goes off on JBL -

"It is not a unique opinion to say the three-man booth of Cole, Lawler and JBL is a disaster, but good grief, the three-man booth of Cole, Lawler and JBL is a disaster. As a character, JBL makes no sense. His moral compass careens from pole to pole based on every match. It’s disorienting. And the constant regurgitation of stats and resume lines from the trio is brutal. It’s bad. It’s really bad. But you already know this"

She's been horrible in the ring since she came back. If her heart isn't into it, then it's best to quit. Opens up a spot for Sasha.

And her character and promos have been horrible for longer. When AJ was great she was one of the best in the company but when she was bad, as she has been for quite some time, she was the worst. She managed to take all the negative traits of Punk and Cena and combine them without any of the good ones. To be honest I see this as addition by subtraction and it'll hopefully be the end of the CM Punk chants.

Listening to Barrett on Smackdown really put into context how bad JBL is. Wade sounded like prime Ventura in comparison.

I've never got the hype about AJ. The only time I found her interesting was when she was paired with Bryan. I mean I thought Paige was overrated when I first saw her, but nothing like AJ. She was over though I'll give her that.

Let's hope Vince was impressed enough with Charlotte to let her take the division in a new direction. They're about 5 or 6 roster moves from having a great womens division.