DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

He's richer than I thought. Wow, I forgot about his restaurant venture.

It is possible that Keith could fund a wrestling company, but I would hope that he would realize that Jarrett is a bad investment. The only reason TNA is still around is because Dixie Carter is so mind-numbingly stupid that she can't figure out how bad of an investment TNA has been. If Keith bankrolls GFW then he'll have to realize that he's not likely to ever see a return on the investment.

I disagree TNA is only around because Dixie Carter is mind-numbignly stupid, her dad wants her no place near anything that could actual harm his wealth.

He's richer than I thought. Wow, I forgot about his restaurant venture. 

It is possible that Keith could fund a wrestling company, but I would hope that he would realize that Jarrett is a bad investment. The only reason TNA is still around is because Dixie Carter is so mind-numbingly stupid that she can't figure out how bad of an investment TNA has been. If Keith bankrolls GFW then he'll have to realize that he's not likely to ever see a return on the investment. 

Likewise, there is the restaurant venture that ties into it- since some of the restaurants also have country concerts, it's at least "feasible" that GFW can tour directly in those venues, cutting the price of renting buildings down while also increasing value on the other end.

So are there any Lashley matches worth watching?

Some good stuff with Finlay and a really good Cena match once.

I liked his match with JBL at No Way Out 2006, also vs Benoit on the draft 2007 RAW. Really loved the Finlay series, Finlay's comeback and run in 2006 was amazing, he was the best thing on WWE TV that year.

• Like 2

I remember MSL from over on MLW Radio tying Jarrett to some NASCAR racer through some names around the birth of GFW. Don't remember the exact details, but I know MSL lurks here...

Possible money mark with NASCAR $$$.

Toby Keith's latest album being out is also part of the GFW home page, part of their top carousel.

If Keith isn't the money mark, I'd be mildly surprised, and Jeff is giving his buddy some relatively prime advertising space.

i hope the Drax book is full of guest stars who upstage the regular cast.

---

I predict Punk will bring back the Unlimited Class Wrestling Fed but make it mma and have drax compete in it.

Here's the cover for Issue #1. Oh boy...

Drax_1_Cover.jpg

spoilered for size

I can't wait until Drax meets Vance Madman, the crazed ruler of an evil empire.

Hopefully, they get Rob Liefeld or some other Image guy to do art. Is Stephen Platt still in comics? He'd be perfect to draw Madman's weirdly jacked old man body.

So, sounds like TNA are continuing to grasp at straws by bringing Billiam Corgan, smasher of pumpkins, in as 'senior producer of talent and creative development':

"Corgan plans to introduce new angles to storylines, exploring “don’t go there” issues like race and gender in ways that will “break new ground.” “I think there’s an endless supply of things in our culture where people are dealing with race or with gender, et cetera, and you can get into these things in a way that is both revelatory and enlightening,” he explains. “Treated the right way, ultimately, the good guy wins. The right ideas win.”

Billy Corgan has been running his own group, Resistance Pro for a few years now. He actually has experience. I wonder if they didn't try and sell him an ownership stake and that's how we got here.