DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yeah I can't imagine Dana wouldn't let Ronda do something at WM 32 in front of 110,000 people unless he was going to get a nice piece of the action for UFC. That said I really don't want to see Stephanie vs. Ronda. Paige vs. Ronda could be a fun match. Oh who am I kidding, if it isn't Stephanie vs. Ronda it would be Nikki vs. Ronda. Though Shooter Bella training videos would be tremendous to watch.

Have to say good on Eva or anyone trying to improve in the ring. Hate it when people just stay at one job going from week to week barely hanging on, if you're going to be there at least put some effort in. And she is, so good for her, and for Kendrick.

Yeah I can't imagine Dana wouldn't let Ronda do something at WM 32 in front of 110,000 people unless he was going to get a nice piece of the action for UFC. That said I really don't want to see Stephanie vs. Ronda. Paige vs. Ronda could be a fun match. Oh who am I kidding, if it isn't Stephanie vs. Ronda it would be Nikki vs. Ronda. Though Shooter Bella training videos would be tremendous to watch.

Even if it's just a match where HHH and Rock are avatars and it culminates in a post match segment (although there hasn't been a good "x gets 5 minutes with y if the babyface wins" stip in ages) where Ronda puts the beats on Steph, giving her the ultimate comeuppance that hasn't happened in almost 3 years, that's enough. They don't need to work a full match and it would probably be better if they didn't.

But like I said, I suspect Dana is playing a bit of hardball, because he knows he has something WWE wants.

You know he isnt going to Ring Of Honor they arent opening the purse strings. So I'm curious if it isn't the WWE where then he is going. Japans the only place I can see that would pay him what he wants. Unless Jarrett has backers with deep pockets.

Toby Keith could have a wrestling promotion in every state if he wants, don't forget about the money he makes from the restaurants and who knows what else he does besides sing.  But people don't get crazy rich wasting money on hopeless projects so I'd have to assume he isn't throwing too much money at a wrestling promotion.

He's richer than I thought. Wow, I forgot about his restaurant venture. 

It is possible that Keith could fund a wrestling company, but I would hope that he would realize that Jarrett is a bad investment. The only reason TNA is still around is because Dixie Carter is so mind-numbingly stupid that she can't figure out how bad of an investment TNA has been. If Keith bankrolls GFW then he'll have to realize that he's not likely to ever see a return on the investment. 

I went to the Mick Foley "cheap pops" WWE Network special taping tonight at Full Sail. I think they said it should air next week. I've never been to a standup show before so I didn't know what to expect. It was good actually but it felt really short. Nothing really new was mentioned but all his stories flowed into the main topic and he was actually funny.  JR opened for Mick and he wasn't too bad. Lots of scatological and crude humor which surprised me. He did bring up his "the territory system being dead is bad" talking point which was funny. Also hearing him talk about Leroy Mcguirk and the McGuire twins  for a crowd of 20-30 year old is something else. For a show that went about a hour between the two of them and was worth $25, not sure if t was worth it but it was entertaining.

Oh man don't tell me that Ross is still doing the "wiping the body of the McGuire Twins" and "Leroy Mcguirk wanting to kill Ted Dibase" stories at his shows.  I heard that JR was going to do a show in DC area but if he is still doing stories from 2013 than yeah I will pass.

It is possible that Keith could fund a wrestling company, but I would hope that he would realize that Jarrett is a bad investment. The only reason TNA is still around is because Dixie Carter is so mind-numbingly stupid that she can't figure out how bad of an investment TNA has been. If Keith bankrolls GFW then he'll have to realize that he's not likely to ever see a return on the investment.

I disagree TNA is only around because Dixie Carter is mind-numbignly stupid, her dad wants her no place near anything that could actual harm his wealth.

Likewise, there is the restaurant venture that ties into it- since some of the restaurants also have country concerts, it's at least "feasible" that GFW can tour directly in those venues, cutting the price of renting buildings down while also increasing value on the other end.

So are there any Lashley matches worth watching?

Some good stuff with Finlay and a really good Cena match once.

I liked his match with JBL at No Way Out 2006, also vs Benoit on the draft 2007 RAW. Really loved the Finlay series, Finlay's comeback and run in 2006 was amazing, he was the best thing on WWE TV that year.

• Like 2

I remember MSL from over on MLW Radio tying Jarrett to some NASCAR racer through some names around the birth of GFW. Don't remember the exact details, but I know MSL lurks here...

Possible money mark with NASCAR $$$.