DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Between the nostalgia acts and the celebs, it seems like Vince McMahon is not only watching this show but he actually booked it. 

The difference is that we'll see Garth Brooks work a house show before the Undertaker does.

• Like 1

Between the nostalgia acts and the celebs, it seems like Vince McMahon is not only watching this show but he actually booked it. 

The difference is that we'll see Garth Brooks work a house show before the Undertaker does.

Chris Gaines was the 1st name the WWE Developmental Name Generator ever produced.

• Like 5

I saw Sabu wrestle last night. He didn't look too bad, but I was more relieved than disappointed when he was eliminated first in his match with Drew Galloway and Jack Jester.

Damo vs Mastiff was a really fun super-heavyweight match even if I wasn't really buying Damo's Van Terminator attempts.

• Like 2

I don't see any way that WM fills up JerryWorld. It's just too enormous and the venue is a prohibitive clusterfuck that's difficult to get in and out of and parking is silly expensive. That's probably fine for the country music awards, but I can't imagine that there are enough wrestling fans willing to pay for all that. Personally, I'm in Houston and while I was happy to travel to the Nola for 30, there's no fuckin way I'm making the much shorter trip to Arlington.

But it's very possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about and Vince will find a way to fill it up. I guess.

I don't see any way that WM fills up JerryWorld. It's just too enormous and the venue is a prohibitive clusterfuck that's difficult to get in and out of and parking is silly expensive. That's probably fine for the country music awards, but I can't imagine that there are enough wrestling fans willing to pay for all that. Personally, I'm in Houston and while I was happy to travel to the Nola for 30, there's no fuckin way I'm making the much shorter trip to Arlington.

But it's very possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about and Vince will find a way to fill it up. I guess.

I wish there were exact numbers on the demographics of the Mania crowd. In my experience, it seems like a huge chunk are die-hards who travel from everywhere and money is no object.

That said, Jerryworld is still 20-25k more seats than the stadiums they've been running, so who knows?

I wish there were exact numbers on the demographics of the Mania crowd. In my experience, it seems like a huge chunk are die-hards who travel from everywhere and money is no object.

That said, Jerryworld is still 20-25k more seats than the stadiums they've been running, so who knows?

If you can't spend freely on your vacation, why go?

As long as they are within spitting distance, vince will kayfabe the number anyway.

For Vince though, spitting distance is measured by a kid spitting over the balcony of the tallest building in town.

I saw Sabu wrestle last night. He didn't look too bad, but I was more relieved than disappointed when he was eliminated first in his match with Drew Galloway and Jack Jester.

Damo vs Mastiff was a really fun super-heavyweight match even if I wasn't really buying Damo's Van Terminator attempts.

I saw Damo when watching some stuff for March Madness, he seems exactly the kind of guy this board would like.

He's like a Seamus, Finlay, Mastiff, Brody mash-up and has that European ass kicker style. I like him a lot and need to see more, there ain't much out there on YouTube though.

I saw Damo when watching some stuff for March Madness, he seems exactly the kind of guy this board would like.

He's like a Seamus, Finlay, Mastiff, Brody mash-up and has that European ass kicker style. I like him a lot and need to see more, there ain't much out there on YouTube though.

How does that sync with "Van Terminator"

• Like 1

How does that sync with "Van Terminator"

Euro rings are teeny?

Yeah, he probably shouldn't be doing them but he is a big dude.

He didn't actually get even close to doing it either time he tried, but if it builds towards him eventually doing it in a big match then it will be fine as long as he doesn't then start doing it every match. ICW isn't really for psychology purists anyway. It's a lot of fun though.

My brother has got the On Demand. I'm off to Sofia for a couple of months, with a good amount of free time. I may consider picking up the service for a wee while.