DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

12031713.jpg

ECW Barely Legal was 18 years ago  today. Fuck I'm getting old. But I can still state that the Michinoku Pro 6-man from that event is still one of my favourite matches of all time. Far better than the Dragon Gate 6-man in ROH that got critically lauded everywhere.

• Like 3

ECW Barely Legal was 18 years ago  today. Fuck I'm getting old. But I can still state that the Michinoku Pro 6-man from that event is still one of my favourite matches of all time. Far better than the Dragon Gate 6-man in ROH that got critically lauded everywhere.

I guess it should just be called "Legal" now (dad joke).

• Like 6

12031713.jpg

Barely Legal was a great show and an absolutely insane show to me as a 9 or 10 year old. I left that show loving everyone and thinking everyone there was the real deal. I was an ECW fan until the end due to it.

• Like 1

FACT: That Shane Douglas match remains trash, even 18 years later.

For real. Who the fuck thought that letting Pitbull #2 work a 20 minute singles match was a good idea?

There was A LOT of drugs consumed in ECW...judgement was occasionally clouded

FACT: That Shane Douglas match remains trash, even 18 years later.

For real. Who the fuck thought that letting Pitbull #2 work a 20 minute singles match was a good idea?

There was A LOT of drugs consumed in ECW...judgement was occasionally clouded

Shane should have used the 20 minutes for a sexual entendre filled promo, then has a 3 minute match with the Rude reveal, followed by a Rude promo.......or they could have cut it by 10 and gave the 6 man the time.  

On a completely different topic Cody Rhodes and Stardust are on Twitter trying to hype up a Stardust vs. Arrow/Stephen Amell (Unsure exactly who's being challenged) match for an upcoming RAW. Stardust seems to hint that he wants to fight Amell while Cody seems to think Stardust is challenging Arrow. Since WWE and Warner Bros. have a good working relationship what are the odds this actually happens. Is there time for Amell to get trained between TMNT2 and Season 4 of Arrow. Also has there ever been a case of a Hollywood actor wanting to work with WWE that has taken a long time to book? Like Amell has said openly he wants to work with WWE but for some reason it hasn't happened yet, I can't think of a time someone from outside WWE wants to work with the company and they don't drop everything to set something up.

On a completely different topic Cody Rhodes and Stardust are on Twitter trying to hype up a Stardust vs. Arrow/Stephen Amell (Unsure exactly who's being challenged) match for an upcoming RAW. Stardust seems to hint that he wants to fight Amell while Cody seems to think Stardust is challenging Arrow. Since WWE and Warner Bros. have a good working relationship what are the odds this actually happens. Is there time for Amell to get trained between TMNT2 and Season 4 of Arrow. Also has there ever been a case of a Hollywood actor wanting to work with WWE that has taken a long time to book? Like Amell has said openly he wants to work with WWE but for some reason it hasn't happened yet, I can't think of a time someone from outside WWE wants to work with the company and they don't drop everything to set something up.

I imagine if anything comes of this it'll be a throwaway RAW segment, not any kind of actual match.

Meltzer also said last night the Briscoes are re-upping with ROH because WWE wouldn't budge on their NXT offer to them and ROH increased their offer.  

When I told my wife they might sign, her main concern was who would run the chicken farm should they move to Florida.  Glad I can tell her to stop worrying.

• Like 2

Aw, man, I would have loved to see cousin ODB working the farm in one of those wacky skits.

Honestly, they're much better off in ROH,  Jay is not PG on the slightest and would have been struggling with working within the confines of WWE.  Plus, they'd take a look at Mark and think they can make him the stereotypical backwoods redneck which couldn't possibly end well.  I think it's best for all involved, honestly.  And if they're getting more money now then good for them

Meltzer also said last night the Briscoes are re-upping with ROH because WWE wouldn't budge on their NXT offer to them and ROH increased their offer.  

When I told my wife they might sign, her main concern was who would run the chicken farm should they move to Florida.  Glad I can tell her to stop worrying.

They would have obviously brought the chickens with them.  WWE probably didn't offer them a sufficent relocation package.

• Like 1