DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

You know, on the subject of Die Hard with Dean Ambrose...they should just do shot for shot remakes of action movies with WWE guys.

Tell me you wouldn't go see "The Rock" starring William Regal and Daniel Bryan.

I want that WWE Studios movie Ambrose did last year that is basically being pitched as "Die Hard with Dean Ambrose" to come out already.

Like, seriously, if you just market it as "Die Hard with Dean Ambrose" it will do Marvel movie numbers.

Die Hard Dean Ambrose has a Stone Cold Steve Austin like ring to it. Dean could get the entire arena to chant "die" like Metallica does on Creeping Death before hitting his finish. Reigns will secretly be playing bass in the back.

• Like 4

And now BNB will be in a movie - per Variety

WWE Studios and British production-financing company Richwater Films are teaming to co-produce and co-finance action-thriller “Eliminators” and “Rampage,” Variety has learned exclusively.

“Eliminators” will be directed by James Nunn (“Tower Block”) and star Scott Adkins and WWE’s Wade Barrett. The story follows a former U.S. federal agent who must abandon the witness protection program and come out of hiding after his London home is mistakenly invaded — leading to him finding himself on the run from Europe’s most dangerous assassin to get his daughter to safety.

“Eliminators” will start shooting in London in the late spring.

“Rampage,” currently in development, follows an American counter terrorism operative who must work with an English MI5 agent to take down a dangerous terrorist in London. WWE and Richwater plan for the film to go into production later this year.

The thing that keeps recurring in my mind is how nothing good can come of that piece.

Like, I can see how the way they portrayed the situation would bother Roberts, and it might be eating him up inside to keep quiet about it. But at the same time, the fallout bugs me. Worst case scenario, WWE manipulated Connor and his family for PR. I'm not saying that's what they actually did, but IF that was the case, what does this article accomplish other than tarnishing the Dad's good memories with his son?

I know I'm digging way too deep into it, but it's what came to my mind.

• Like 1

So Daniel Bryan asked for a match with Shinsuke Nakamura when WWE goes to Japan. No way it happens, but if it did the board would probably melt. Also, they lived together? Life's weird.

Shinsuke Nakamura ‏@ShinsukeN  52m52 minutes ago

@WWEDanielBryan anytime,anywhere I say " #YES " :)
  • Like 4

I think it's great Connor got into the Hall of Fame it is a great story and I'm glad he got to meet his hero's and have so much fun and joy while he was going through hell with the brain cancer. I do think it's kinda i don't know the right words for it but I don't like that they cut and edited Warriors words to represent what they wanted the public to see. I'm not saying they shouldnt have honored Connor I thought that was great but Warrior asked for a Jimmy Miranda Award to honor the ring crew and production staff and the likes. 

On Edge's Wikipedia page it says that when the WWF signed him they paid off $40,000 of his outstanding college debt. Has anyone ever heard of them doing things like that before? Does it come out the talent's future earnings?

So Daniel Bryan asked for a match with Shinsuke Nakamura when WWE goes to Japan. No way it happens, but if it did the board would probably melt. Also, they lived together? Life's weird.

It was during the L.A. Inoki Dojo days.

Well this is a little different but they do currently offer tuition assistance to all active roster members 

Education: Assists talent in reaching their full potential through programs that include financial education, college tuition reimbursement, language courses and media training.

Financial Education – A partnership with Money Management International (MMI) is designed to provide talent with educational resources that offer them valuable financial insight to build a bright future. This includes budget counseling, debt control, goal setting, understanding financial values, saving, choosing a tax professional and choosing a financial advisor.

Media Training – Provides talent with a comprehensive training program that focuses on understanding today’s media landscape, delivering key messages, tips and techniques for conducting interviews and the effective and appropriate use of social media. WWE’s Talent Media Training program is conducted in partnership with Kevin Sullivan Communications.

Continuing Education – Offers tuition assistance to all active WWE talent for college level courses, certificate programs or language courses.

They also apparently give $5K a semester to former talent who apply for it for college assistance.

I think this all started last year

WWE’s Talent Media Training program is conducted in partnership with Kevin Sullivan Communications.

Unfortunately you have to intern in the Dungeon of Doom. 

Apparently, they don't even get hot water there.

• Like 11

My WWE Vs New Japan Show would look a bit like this 

Daniel Bryan Shinsuke Nakamura

Brock Lesnar Vs Ishii

Seth Rollins Vs Tanahashi

Dolph Ziggler Vs Okada

Finn Balor Vs AJ Styles 

Adrian Neville Vs Kota Ibushi.

As much as I love Ishii, Brock would make him look like a chump.

I think if you were going to book Brock, the way to go would either be to book him vs. Suzuki, or do the Cena Summerslam style match vs. Tanahashi.

• Like 1

WWE’s Talent Media Training program is conducted in partnership with Kevin Sullivan Communications.

97jgvl.jpg

• Like 2

Nor Hulkamaniacs.

No Honma no peace

know Honma know peace

Honma vs. Slater.