DVDVR Message Board

THE BEST MUSIC OF 2014 Countdown

Lamp, broken circa 1988

Swans and Future Islands were the only albums on my ballot that received another vote. The only other album I voted for that I thought would get representation was RTJ2. I don't care how they position themselves or the language they parse it in, I thought it was a fine rap album. The only album that I didn't vote for that I considered putting on my ballot was Iceage, but the more I listened to that album the worse I felt it was. I think it's an album in a style that I enjoy quite a bit, so I may be more critical of it than other genres.

I regret not pimping the Andrew Jackson Jihad album in this thread, but I think it was released like February of last year so I forgot about it until the last moment. I just sort of assumed it was 2013.  

For Morelock and BL88, I was quoting a line from The Walking Dead finale. Sorry not sorry there was confusion.

Just being a bit cheeky, but I should have remembered that sarcasm never works on the internet, no matter how many emoji's I didn't use. :)

I have no problem with the results. 

I already know that my taste in music is not going to be in tune with anyone with a lick of sense.

• Like 1

For Morelock and BL88, I was quoting a line from The Walking Dead finale. Sorry not sorry there was confusion.

Just being a bit cheeky, but I should have remembered that sarcasm never works on the internet, no matter how many emoji's I didn't use. :)

I already know that my taste in music is not going to be in tune with anyone with a lick of sense.

my bad dude, I'm kind of ignorant of pop culture these days. like the only TV show I watch with any regularity is Highly Questionable w/ Dan Le Batard so that shit sailed straight over my head.

my bad dude, I'm kind of ignorant of pop culture these days. like the only TV show I watch with any regularity is Highly Questionable w/ Dan Le Batard so that shit sailed straight over my head.

My friend, I'm a good 20+ years past my pop culture expiry date, but I guess The Walking Dead does fall into that category.

Still hard for me to process comic books and their assorted media adaptions being mainstream, but they are. Also add hip-hop into that mix as well.

Time for me to get ready to start my day of defending the lawn.