DVDVR Message Board

Global Force Wrestling Debut!

I'm hoping that Bischoff's involvement is strictly on the television production side and not on the creative side. I dont want WWE Lite I want something completely different. Itss most likely blind optimism on my part but I hope GFW becomes something more than a punchline.

EDIT: Some GFW NEWZ

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-gfw-news-notes-plans-for-touring-rumored-talent-revealed-more

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to sources, Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling is starting to reach out to talent. Scott D’Amore and Sonjay Dutt are working with Jarrett in the office, and they have offered some talent the possibility of 39 dates. At this time, the company has noted they’ve got 12 dates confirmed.

The promotion is talking with a lot of talent, including Roderick Strong (who works ROH dates but has no contract at this time), Team 3-D, Shelton Benjamin and Chris Masters. The feeling is that who ever ends up with the long-term relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling will be in position to sign more talent. ROH has been trying to lock up key talent, and part of the allure of signing with ROH right now is the strong relationship with New Japan.

I'm thinking its an ex-WWE guy who stormed into the TNA offices, if a homegrown talent had down that they would have shown him the door ala Styles and Joe.

More Newz:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/jim-cornette-to-work-with-gfw-jeff-jarrett-to-make-some-big-announcements-more-news

There will be a lot of details announced for the July 24th TV tapings this week.

Jim Cornette announced on his podcast this week that he will be taking part in the June 12th and 13th Global Force Wrestling “Grand Slam Tour” events in Jackson and Knoxville, Tennessee.

Tonight, Jeff Jarrett will be throwing out the first pitch at the Mississippi Braves Minor-League Baseball Game. GFW will run that venue on June 20th.

On Saturday, Jarrett will be in Jackson, Tennessee at the Jackson Generals game.

So ... the chances may very well be that TNA's road to redoing the "Monday Night War" fervor will be ... to feud with Global Force Wrestling.

Wow.

So, we know now that Jim Cornette is involved in some capacity. Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes him to quit/burn his bridges?

Why do people still think Jim Cornette has anything to offer besides outdated ideas? Hiring him at this point really isn't any better than hiring Vince Russo.

• Like 2

It's weird to me that we haven't had many big name wrestling bookers emerge in the past 15 years. I'm also surprised that TNA or GFW haven't hired Gabe Sapolsky. When you look at the stars that came out of ROH during his tenure (Punk, Bryan and Rollins in particular), you'd think that he'd be able to use that to get himself a good gig. 

I think Gabe is happy booking Evolve/FIP/DGUSA I can't Imagine he'd want to book TNA. He seems like a my way or the highway type of guy, I couldnt see him having to answer to Dixie going well. IDK maybe him and Jarrett could work out some sort of talent exchange,

Who the fuck is the special guest?

With the hype that GFW is putting into this roster reveal, you'd almost expect CM Punk to walk out. I know he won't, mind you but there is literally no available talent worth all of this hype and secrecy.