DVDVR Message Board

RAW 03/30/15

The Natural

Seriously now, after the last six months or so... Are we sure that Ambrose doesn't just kind of suck?

Maybe he'd be better as a heel? Or in a group where he can talk for guys that can't?

I don't know, man. He was looking awfully good during the initial Rollins feud and it wasn't like he was being carried. He's not exactly Michael Hayes but there are issues. For one, his offense is getting pretty stale and while with WWE it seems like they want guys to have signature spots that are hit in every match, his spots either suck (Nigel's rebound lariat) or have lost their initial "wow" luster (the flying elbow/plancha). But even beyond that, he just seems like he's in a funk with timing and execution. His mannerisms are still unworldly, like when he hit Dirty Deeds (another issue, shitty finisher) and flailed around while crawling over for the cover, but he's been off for months.

What's Dean's best singles match not against Seth Rollins (and they've had so many good singles matches going back to FCW)?

God that whole Brock rampage segment was beautiful to watch. Seth Rollins is a dead man walking and he's only on borrowed time now. I loved how he got that one kick off and Brock looks at him with this "are you really trying to piss me off" look.

I saw this on my twitter feed and got a good laugh.

To people asking why they don't flip the table. You can't move evidence of a crime scene #RAWAfterMania

CBZKWP9WoAAg5gi.jpg

After the carnage was over, Bryon Saxon sounded soooo down. Like he was on a newscast doing live coverage of a mass casuality thing. Personally I wish they would have given Renee Young the shot over him. Had Renee and him do the show. He's better at color than lead.

I have the rest of the show sitting on my DVR. Saw some pics though. God bless AJ for wearing a Bayley shirt.

Very fun show with a lot happening. I prefer Sheamus as face but I do dig his new look for his heel run. Haven't cared for Kalisto in NXT and always found that lucha chant extremely lame, but he was spectacular tonight in a great official debut. Fun match and I dig the dragons theme so far. the Lesnar massacre was insane, great TV. Gonna seem strange having Cole gone for however long. Neville looked like a total superstar out there, good to see a solid debut for him as he was always a favorite in NXT. Really enjoyed Cena/Ambrose, kind of surprised to see not many digging it. Surprised Ambrose kicked out of the AA after last night. Would've liked Ambrose to have something to say about the cash in though. Looking forward to US Champ Cena having long weekly TV matches against various opponents like this if it continues. Good divas match, glad to see them go over 10 minutes and the finishing stretch was fun stuff. Pretty good main event as well. the Sting exclusive didn't accomplish much of anything but did at least make it feel like he'll have another match after last night felt the opposite.

Just in case anybody wanted to watch it over, and over, and over, and over again.

I didn't even hear Book's instant classic "Not the guy you want to tick off, trust m... AAAAAH!" And by the time Michael Cole is pleading for his life, I was already marking the fuck out at the other stuff, I didn't hear that initially either. Cole makes this terrified, primordial helpless "BROCK!" yelp when he's up for the F5 and then screams on the way down. It's fucking perfect! The shoe is an iconic image in WWE history. They will release books and DVDs on that picture.

The youtube clip totally edited out Heyman begging Steph to stop saying "put him (the camera man/local indie guy) down," as he knew Brock would listen.

• Like 1

Very fun show with a lot happening. I prefer Sheamus as face but I do dig his new look for his heel run. Haven't cared for Kalisto in NXT and always found that lucha chant extremely lame, but he was spectacular tonight in a great official debut. Fun match and I dig the dragons theme so far. the Lesnar massacre was insane, great TV. Gonna seem strange having Cole gone for however long. Neville looked like a total superstar out there, good to see a solid debut for him as he was always a favorite in NXT. Really enjoyed Cena/Ambrose, kind of surprised to see not many digging it. Surprised Ambrose kicked out of the AA after last night. Would've liked Ambrose to have something to say about the cash in though. Looking forward to US Champ Cena having long weekly TV matches against various opponents like this if it continues. Good divas match, glad to see them go over 10 minutes and the finishing stretch was fun stuff. Pretty good main event as well. the Sting exclusive didn't accomplish much of anything but did at least make it feel like he'll have another match after last night felt the opposite.

What the actual fuck? 

• Like 2

What the actual fuck? 

In-ring wise at least, he was on fire for all of 2012 having good-great matches weekly with a wide variety of opponents. Still solid up until the injury with the Rusev title switch match being good stuff.

I thought Ambrose/Cena was good stuff, minus the botched spot, though at least Ambrose altered the powerbomb he intended to do due to the initial botch. It was the first Ambrose/Cena single match other than the contract on a pole half-match from last year. Though, it feels like the two of them could have better matches (against each other) in them, as they're perhaps limited by both being faces. It'll mean a lot more and produce better matches after Ambrose goes heel and becomes as Jon Moxley as PG TV will allow. Heel Ambrose = the future. Also, Ambrose going heel would (probably) eliminate the one shitty thing he does: That Nigel rope rebound. Though, the lariat he ends it with is sweet.

Of course, this night was ruled by Brock Lesnar, regardless.

Just in case anybody wanted to watch it over, and over, and over, and over again.

Good fucking fuck. Thank you for putting it on Youtube WWE. My favorite part of this was actually Brock spitting at Steph and her impotent rage walking to the back. There was some underlying shit there with Brock re-signing, still not giving a damn about the bosses, them being over a barrel and having nothing they can do about it that is maybe only partly true in real life but I like to read into in that moment. Booker was corpsing though and I'm sure that'll be on the next Botchamania. "SEND FOR THE MAN!" 

Haven't read all 5 pages yet...so sorry if this has been asked. Cole has got to be out for a while to sell the beat...so is JR back on RAW next week?? (Given the story last week that he was being pursued to return)

CBZOm-3UUAAjWUt.jpg

No wonder Rollins turned. Dean's the Titty Master. Reigns, the Wank Pheasant. If the best job I could get in the Shield is "Architect," I'd be pissed too. Talk about "glass ceiling."