DVDVR Message Board

RAW 03/30/15

The Natural

Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are the two big NXT players ready for prime time. Itami needs time to get comfortable working the WWE style and Balor needs to develop better promo abilities and maybe refine the difference between reg'lar-ass Finn and nise Predator Finn. I don't really want anybody from NXT to pop up on RAW. If somebody were to "graduate" to the wonderful world of RAW, I suppose Neville makes the most sense but I fear for him. Not because he's lacking ability or polish either.

Looking forward to the reaction for Reigns. He had to have won some doubters over after last night.

Roman is going to get a huge babyface pop tonight.  As much as I want the Reigns / Rollins shit talking staredown tonight, I know that Randy Orton will show up to issue a challenge.

Fuck Randy Orton.

While I don't understand it, J.T.'s grudge against Randy Orton always make me laugh.

Most of Randy Orton's later career work delivers garners apathy from me that a lot of these "upper-level indie workers post Joe, Punk, etc.

It's why I had no excitement for Orton vs. Rollins last night. Those are two guys that usually bore me to tears in the ring. Orton has the rare exception like the Daniel Bryan or even some of the early stuff against Christian.

Speaking of Rollins, it's interesting to me that he gets the pop he got last night. Yet, if you look at his WWE career so far, he has yet to have a pure singles match (no multi-mans, no triple threats) that would even be a low-end candidate for WWE MOTY.

Roman Reigns has already had two (vs. Bryan vs. Lesnar)

I disagree. Rollins' match with Bryan from June 2013 was better than the Reigns match from Fastlane. Then again, one match was meant to make Bryan look strong and the other was meant to make Roman look strong. And Rollins bumped like a lunatic for Bryan. It also avoided the tired finisher reversal sequence and had smarter build up to something as simple as the last "yes" kick to the head after all the chest kicks.

My guess is they have a blowoff stip match at Extreme Rules (CenaWins). Outside of those involving Brock, it seems like all big feuds must have three matches in them. It'll be following that night that will  be interesting, I think.

Who's fairly over, has a good connection with the crowd, and has been booked strong over the past few months yet can afford losing a feud to Rusev?

photo.jpg

Thing I'm most interested in is where they go with Rusev. He needs to do something huge tonight.

If Brock is taking leave for a little while, I can think of someone to replace Lana and take Rusev to the next level,

And look what you have set up at Mania Star.

Rollins and Cena had a hell of a TV match awhile back to. Just off the charts great.

Yep. And while I thought their tables match was a god damn mess from a booking perspective, the work was still fun. I didn't see it but wasn't there a recent Rollins/Cena cage match that people liked?

It'd be great if Rusev showed up and laid Lesnar out. I'm wondering the thought process. Obviously they think pretty highly of Rusev but this is a company that would split him and Lana for no reason and have Rusev treading water against midcarders for months.

Unwritten rule of wrestling: Any character seen riding a tank gets pushed, period.

• Like 2

Thing I'm most interested in is where they go with Rusev. He needs to do something huge tonight.

If Brock is taking leave for a little while, I can think of someone to replace Lana and take Rusev to the next level,

If im Rusev, the last thing i want is for heyman to become my manager right after Mania. RIPClaudio

• Like 1

If im Rusev, the last thing i want is for heyman to become my manager right after Mania. RIPClaudio
That was different. Rusev is a hell of a lot higher in the pecking order than Cesaro was a year ago. He's already over. This isn't random guy. gets tapped on the shoulder like Curtis Axel, this is Rusev just lost the title due to his manager, so he goes and gets a better one.

And remember, the person speaking for him doesn't hate America, he's merely an advocate for his client's views.

Why do I get the feeling the lucha chant will only be over with this crowd tonight? The usual Raw crowds will never be into this chant I fear.

I think it will catch on. WWE crowds have shown they just like to chant along, whether they know what they're chanting or not.