DVDVR Message Board

RAW 03/30/15

The Natural

Poor Cena.  Gets legit heat no matter where he goes that could easily be snuffed out with one good heel run, but could not go total douchebag against Dean Ambrose because that would fuck things up with the Make A Wish Foundation or something.

Oh, and near silence during the Cena / Ambrose match?  Fuck that crowd.

SAVE YOUR REP, JOHN~!  BETRAY THE CHILDREN~!

• Like 1

I keep saying this: he could easily go heel and keep doing the Make-A-Wish stuff. Especially if he treats all of the fans like an asshole EXCEPT the children, since they're the ones buying his merch... or more to the point, they're the ones forcing their parents to buy his merch for them. He's doing it for the kids, and would play that totally straight.

Sheamus' new look is the most preposterous thing ever. It's like he couldn't decide whether to go for an "alternative kid into spiritualism" look or a "GBH superfan" one.

Lesnar's new contract must be fucking amazing.

Christ, listening to Alvarez and his reports about what the crowd were chanting at the woman are horrible.

Pigs.

Not to mention all the little kids around. You think people would at least try and carry themselves with a modicum of class. Yeah, way to reinforce negative stereotypes about wrestling fans.

• Like 1

I keep saying this: he could easily go heel and keep doing the Make-A-Wish stuff. Especially if he treats all of the fans like an asshole EXCEPT the children, since they're the ones buying his merch... or more to the point, they're the ones forcing their parents to buy his merch for them. He's doing it for the kids, and would play that totally straight.

So, in other words, kids are the new Canada?

He could. The true problem with a Cena turn is who is going to replace him as the number one babyface? Those are enormous shoes to fill and WWE doesn't seem to be crazy about their options.

As a fan of both Daniel Bryan and indie rasslin...I really don't know how to respond to ebbie's comments.

I mean, what do I even say to that?

Honestly at a loss here...and no idea where the "sexist" part came from, either.

As usual, some enlightenment is in order.

Sexism is as prevalent on this board as it is in any other aspect of society, though I don't think ebbie was referring to anything specifically.

Basically search the forums for the term "social justice warrior" and you'll find it.

ETA: Or just go to the first post of any RAW thread and check out the screencaps.

• Like 5

If Seth Rollins can be a heel on cue and then show up on The Today Show and be an awesome dude, then so could Cena but he can't because he brings his gimmick home with him.  John Cena is the Bizarro New  Jack.

Did we ever find out who was the mysterious cameraman bump freak?

So, make Cena the Piped Piper of Hustle, Loyalty, and Merchandising to Children? 

If Seth Rollins can be a heel on cue and then show up on The Today Show and be an awesome dude, then so could Cena but he can't because he brings his gimmick home with him.  John Cena is the Bizarro New  Jack.

Did we ever find out who was the mysterious cameraman bump freak?

Just imagine it was ebbie.

Farewell, you were a good person! Brock is a monster! :mellow:

For some reason I read that and immediately thought of 

odb1_640.jpg

"John Cena is for the children."

• Like 1

Christ, listening to Alvarez and his reports about what the crowd were chanting at the woman are horrible.

Pigs.

Not to mention all the little kids around. You think people would at least try and carry themselves with a modicum of class. Yeah, way to reinforce negative stereotypes about wrestling fans.

Out of likes, but definitely agree.  My wife was watching this also and we couldn't hear what the crowd was chanting, which is a good thing in hindsight.  Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them gloat about it online.  Stupid fucks.

So when Dean does that submission hold, is it called the STD?

Lolz no, it is obviously called the Titty Twister.

I had a flashback to A Christmas Story when the camera panned out to the overturned announce table.

"Booker T lay there like a slug.  It was his only defense."

Oh, and Fuck Randy Orton..

• Like 2

There's never been anything in wrestling like Brock Lesnar. He feels so totally separate from everything else going on in the WWE. It's like..."all this stuff that's going on over here is sports entertainment, and then this guy over here.. he's the real fucking deal." He and the WWE have done a fantastic job of building up the fact that literally NOBODY in the arena is safe when he comes out. He'll attack wrestlers, announcers, camera men, he'll throw toss around chairs and other pieces of the set that nearly decapitate people in the crowd. 

• Like 5

I don't get the Make-A-Wish talking point, especially considering Connor the Crusher and Daniel Bryan's relationship started when Bryan was a heel.

Considering they're now trying to give the women more match time...yeah, a bit more respect would be nice.  And I say that as someone who was amused by the chants during the main event...LOL HYPOCRISY.

Any form of show business is heavy on image...the better you look(male or female), the better chance you'll have.

How many fans like certain wrestlers because of their looks?  It happens with both genders.  It's a business where people are usually out there in revealing attire, so it's something that'll always be there.