DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI - The Greatest Show Ever

Big Fresh

People have told me I am a forgiving person, but to this date, I have not shaken hands with any of the people who have hit me with a sledgehammer in my long life. They know who they are too. Some may even post in this thread. Fuck you guys. I will hate you forever.

Sting is a better man than me.

• Like 18

I dug the Divas tag and was glad that the crowd didn't completely shit on them. They really worked hard during the build-up and all four were good tonight. Glad the faces won as I think this feud has been pretty well done and wouldn't mind it continuing.

• Like 1

Sad that Rusev lost. Imagine Rusev in a tank coming in to face Brock next year?

That to me was the biggest travesty of this show. Had Roman beat Lesnar after that kind of match, him being the one to end Rusev's streak would have really made him a made man.

I was resigned to Roman winning after the spear, but Rollins coming out really got me. Well done.

LOVED THE FINISH. Y'all are nuts. The way they were making the Reigns win look so predictable, and then Rollins doing the one thing everyone was sure they wouldn't do at a Mania...just perfect in every way.

Fun show made much better by low expectations. Agree that I thought for sure that either the NWO was gonna turn on Sting or Flair was gonna come out. The handshake was moronic.

Rusev in the tank was iconic. Hope this Lana stuff is just a swerve.

• Like 1

Nash reaching for his knee was a fucking rib right? It was almost too poetic, I enjoyed the fuck out of that match, I don't care if it made sense.

Fitting that a match calling out to the Terminator movies would have paradox and inconsistencies by fucking with time travel

• Like 6

That main event was stiff as shit.

Yes!  The stiffness added a lot to Roman's credibility, in my opinion.

I just hope we get the "Orton gets his title shot" out of the way tomorrow night.  I bought the Network for Wrestlemania, and really would consider not renewing for an Orton main event at Extreme Rules.  Dude's just played out, even after an absence.

Great WM. I missed the pre-show.

The ladder match was a really great carwreck. Awesome stuff. I'm still wondering if Dean Ambrose is alive. I loved Wade knocking everyone out with the elbow. Cody busting out the Aerostar move, too. The final segment -- the two biggest heroes in the match -- ramming their heads on top of a wobbly-ass ladder, was pretty friggin' nuts. Glad D-Bry won so he can end up taking over Smackdown.

I really liked Seth/Randy. I hate face Randy, too. But I thought this was a really clever and good match -- they did "know each other so well" perfectly, culminating in one of the all-time great RKOs. (And we know where it's headed later on.)

Sting vs. HHH was fun and silly and what it needed to be. The over-the-top entrances were pretty perfect and great.

I dug the woman's match, too. Really tight story -- The Bellas dominate early by taking AJ out of the picture, only for The Besties to use the same strategy to get the win.

Cena/Rusev was predictably great. Is Rusev the best in the company right now? He could very well be. He was so amazing in this, just screaming Russian gibberish. I loved how Lana threw shoes -- she had to so she could take that Sherri Martel 2.0 bump to end the match. Really solid match. The introductions to this were so wonderful, too, with Rusev commandeering a tank and Cena's Ken Burns deal. Wrestling trash at its best.

I know almost zero about UFC and MMA. And I HAAAAAATE The Rock. But I liked this segment a lot, too.

I *LOVED* Taker/Bray. Incredibly smart match. Of course it had to move slow because Taker's an old man who can only do one match a year. But I loved how Bray only used his right hand the whole match, since Taker took out his left real early in the match. The Spider Walk/Rise From The Dead combo was great. And it was so different than everything else, too, in terms of the pace -- it stood out. Smart.

The main event was just absolutely great. If anyone hates on Reigns after that they're nuts. Dude took the beating of a lifetime and smiled throughout it. Brock is the best. This looked like an actual fight in the best way possible. And I loved the ending -- Seth stealing the title by being a conniving backstabber and somehow winning the stiffest match in recent memory.

Great show and good fun.

• Like 2

Taker just needs to stop that was sad, and the more the match went on the more I was hoping he'd put Bray over and I don't even like Bray.

He was in the ad for next year's Wrestlemania for whatever that's worth.  I imagine they'll try to squeeze at least one more match out of him as this wasn't treated as a sendoff in any way.

Taker just needs to stop that was sad, and the more the match went on the more I was hoping he'd put Bray over and I don't even like Bray.

He was in the ad for next year's Wrestlemania for whatever that's worth. I imagine they'll try to squeeze at least one more match out of him as this wasn't treated as a sendoff in any way.

One thing was clear: He obviously agreed with everyone that said he wasn't in good shape last year.

2 things I want to say quickly and then I'll get more into it after dinner or tomorrow

1) In my mind this was the funnest and most enjoyable Mania ever. Top to bottom the worst thing I can say about anything was that the Diva tag was merely good whereas everything else was fun as shit and great.

2) I absolutely love professional wrestling.

• Like 6

So is Sting officially the biggest dope in wrestling.  He avoids the WWE because he's scared of WWE will taint he legacy, and when he finally does go he still loses.

I know it's probably not intentional, but it is a nice touch that Ambrose was "injured" during the ladder match so he couldn't come out and stop the MITB cash in.

• Like 1