DVDVR Message Board

A thread for X-Box Live Games with Gold and X-Box Live deals in general

Big Fresh

You know, I was really hoping that, being a brand new version of the console, it wouldn't need to update right out of the box this time around, because they would have pre-installed all the system updates.

I'm a fool (but only 271mb unless there is a second round to come.)

I'm curious to see what you think of it because you're in a somewhat similar boat as far as how much time you have for games and how interested you are in them.

I really need to stay away from SlickDeals and IGN Deals. This is going to make me broke.

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and So Many Me are the Xbox One games this month, with Plants vs. Zombies and Gears of War 3 for Xbox 360.

Whelp - will definitely get Black Flag.

Of course I still have to beat two other Assassin Creed games first

Microsoft wants your money so fucking badly and like an idiot, I passed on the previous fantastic deal, so I'll settle for this one most likely.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-%20-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Bundle/productID.314225100?tduid=798a6638d1790e2a7c2cdbff0d4686bd

For $350 you get the 500 GB Xbone, Halo MCC, AC Unity, another free game of your choice and a $50 gift card.

Same thing as the 1 TB version, but that runs $400. It's also sold out.

Yeah, I'm disappointed I didn't see this a week ago....would've given me another game I actually wanted, and credit for...well, yet another game.

I do like my One so far, and a friend invited me into the preview program, so that's cool.

The biggest bummer about this deal is that the Witcher 3 is not one of the free games you can choose. A slightly smaller bummer is that you get AC Unity when previously you could get Black Flag. Arkham Knight is one of the free games you can choose, but despite liking the first of these newer Batman games, I don't really care for the series at all.

Actually, FUCK. You can't even get Arkham Knight now. Of the games on the list I would be remotely interested in, Forza 5 is the only one and Forza 6 hits later this year. However, Sunset Overdrive and Dragon Age are on the list, but I really wanted Witcher.

Maybe I won't get this after all. Decisions, decisions...

Microsoft wants your money so fucking badly and like an idiot, I passed on the previous fantastic deal, so I'll settle for this one most likely.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-%20-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Bundle/productID.314225100?tduid=798a6638d1790e2a7c2cdbff0d4686bd

For $350 you get the 500 GB Xbone, Halo MCC, AC Unity, another free game of your choice and a $50 gift card.

Same thing as the 1 TB version, but that runs $400. It's also sold out.

If I wasn't planning a wedding, I'd have a hard time saying no to this right now.

Wedding present for yourself.

This will probably be some sort of concert this fall that I will attend.

I just got an email about an Umphrey's McGee three night run in Charleston, SC that's pretty enticing.

Ha! I apparently need to ignore this topic for a while. DO NOT want to spend *any* money on a new console. Still need to figure out which one I even want. Maybe I can even hold off until 2016. I will not be part of the herd!

Shit. I'm totally buying a new console this year. We all know it..,

I missed out on the fucking deal again. On the other hand, I forgot to buy because I did a bunch of fun stuff with my daughter and girlfriend, like getting ice cream and looking at Jupiter and Venus, so I still won in the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Deer God (Xbox One)

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One)
Battlestations Pacific (Xbox 360 / September 1-15)
Crysis 3 (Xbox 360 / September 15-30)

I got Tomb Raider went it was the 360 Free Game

But yeah - y'all should play it