DVDVR Message Board

A thread for X-Box Live Games with Gold and X-Box Live deals in general

Big Fresh

Seems we should have one to match Playstation Plus.

Here's the free games in April with Gold:

Xbox One

Pool Nation FX ($9.99 ERP): Available all month on Xbox One

Child of Light ($14.99 ERP): Available all month on Xbox One

Xbox 360

Gears of War: Judgment ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360

Terraria ($14.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag ($29.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360

I'm psyched about Child of Light, Gears of War, and Terraria.

• Like 1

Well I guess I need to finish Tomb Raider before mid-April because I will need to delete that to make room for Black Flag

That way I can have 4 unplayed AC games in my pile of shame

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

May:

Xbox One:

CastleStorm: Definitive Edition

PoolNation FX

360:

Mafia II

F1 2013

I had a lot of fun with Mafia 2. It was unfairly compared to stuff like GTA. I dunno that they aspired to that much ambition. It's set in an open world (though a fairly lifeless one), but plays more like a straight up action game. The world is more like a hub, I guess.

Can't speak to any of the others. Wish I could grab that pool game for the 360, though. I'm a sucker for billiards games.

The best part of Mafia II was the music. I just enjoyed driving around listening to Roy Hamilton and Little Richard.

Well, and the classic Playboy pictures (yeah, I admit it).

I thought the game itself was pretty forgettable, but it's not bad and is worth playing for free. 

Nice. I'll grab 3/4 of those (already own Black Flag). I can be completely flummoxed by Terraria all over again!

Terraria's the fucking best but I highly recommend bookmarking the official Terraria wiki to save yourself hours of not knowing what the fuck is going on.

Buncha Star Wars games on sale today through Xbox Live including the lego complete saga for $6.99, which I just picked up.  Never played any of the Lego games and I'm afraid this is gonna lead me down a very long road of catching up on them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Thief and Just Cause 2 are free with Gold this month.

Yes - but just for the 360

Thief first and then Just Cause 2 the 2nd half of the month

The Xbone gets Massive Chalice and Pool Nation FX (which is the 3rd straight month for that game)

I think that Thief and Just Cause 2 are free with Gold this month.

Yes - but just for the 360

Thief first and then Just Cause 2 the 2nd half of the month

My Pile of Shame does not need to get bigger.

Of course Best Buy now has Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition for $25 new a week after I buy the regular edition used at gamestop for the same price. But they also have State of Decay for the same price right now, so I'll probably pick that up.

Other Xbox One game deals:

June's free Games With Gold games are now available and include the newly released Massive Chalice and Just Cause 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, so Amazon has this deal here: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_434070442_2?ie=UTF8&node=11721165011&tag=igndeals14-20

You pick either the 1 TB Xbone with Halo MCC and any other game of your choice for $400, or the 500 GB Xbone with AC Unity, AC Black Flag and any other game of your choice for $350.

I'm leaning towards the $350 option just because of all of the bad shit I heard about MCC, but I'm wondering how necessary a 1 TB Xbone is.

If I was in your position, it would be even tougher, but I think I go with the AC bundle. I just read an article about how you can attach an external drive and get faster speeds from it than you could on the internal drive. So for $50, I can add another 1 TB of storage and have more games in the end.

So now it's a choice of the Witcher 3 or Arkham Knight.

Hmmm, so Amazon has this deal here: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_434070442_2?ie=UTF8&node=11721165011&tag=igndeals14-20

You pick either the 1 TB Xbone with Halo MCC and any other game of your choice for $400, or the 500 GB Xbone with AC Unity, AC Black Flag and any other game of your choice for $350.

I'm leaning towards the $350 option just because of all of the bad shit I heard about MCC, but I'm wondering how necessary a 1 TB Xbone is.

1. Not just Amazon. That's a deal Microsoft is running this week pretty much everywhere.

2. MCC works well now. Has 4 great games in it, plus you can get ODST for another $5 (I think). It comes down to whether you prefer Halo or AC, of course, but don't let the old issues of MCC deter you, it's good now.

There's no point in me going back to replay all the Halo games. Halo is clearly my favorite franchise, but I'd rather put time into Black Flag and the Witcher.

Fair enough.

I wish I had gotten the Sunset Overdrive bundle because that white X-Box looks fucking rad.

I got the Titanfall one though the day that came out.