DVDVR Message Board

Remember when Kevin Smith said he was going to retire...

Dolfan in NYC

Harley

Quinn

Smith

How much does his daughter hate him?

Considering she's about to be in a movie with Johnny Depp, probably not much.

Besides, how often to do you use your middle-name? Almost never. And "Harley" is a pretty rad name.

Goddamn there are some hateful, spiteful fuckin' people in here. When did he run over all of the dogs and cats people own in here? Jesus. That type of shit is beyond lame.

And the two people providing that hate are named "nate" and "Dog". Craig H came to regulate.

Huh the what? I didn't say *I* hate him. Don't even know the guy.

But if he gave me a goofy name and made me act in a Johnny Depp movie ... there might be some Menendez moments in his future (as long as we're making 90s references).

And the two people providing that hate are named "nate" and "Dog". Craig H came to regulate.

Huh the what? I didn't say *I* hate him. Don't even know the guy.

But if he gave me a goofy name and made me act in a Johnny Depp movie ... there might be some Menendez moments in his future (as long as we're making 90s references).

She probably had a shit load of fun considering she got a role in a movie with Johnny Depp and other movie stars at age 15 and isn't a trained actress. It ain't exactly the Killing Fields.

Most people don't know who Harley Quinn is. It's not like he named her North West or Apple or Pilot Inspektor.

I don't like Kevins movies as much as I used to, but I don't get the hate. No one is forcing you to watch his movies or listen to his podcasts.

For the record I don't really hate Kevin Smith.

I have a lot of other things to do. I was being that thing ... "sarcastic," or "ironic" or something. "Sardonic;" maybe that was it.

But yeah; he named his kid after a cartoon character. *shrug* I've always found it hard to hate the kid with MR.

I'm excited for Yoga Hosers, Moosejaws, and Hit Somebody. I'd actually prefer if his slate didn't have the Askewniverse sequels on it, but I'll watch them and if they help him get financing for the weird flicks then great.

For the record I don't really hate Kevin Smith.

I have a lot of other things to do. I was being that thing ... "sarcastic," or "ironic" or something. "Sardonic;" maybe that was it.

But yeah; he named his kid after a cartoon character. *shrug* I've always found it hard to hate the kid with MR.

Yeah, I was worried we wouldn't get this all important press release because of that. I think we can rest easy now.

• Like 1

It was his wife's decision to name their daughter Harley. And the mom's not even a comics fan, she just really loves that one character. Of course Kevin would go along with the idea.

And since when is Johnny Depp supposed to be a guarantee of a bad movie? Y'all need to forget about whatever his latest mediocre hundred-million-dollar tentpole flick was and see him in some other, more obscure stuff. Depp was easily the best part of Tusk (which is saying something, in a film where MICHAEL F'N PARKS gets like 70% of all the dialogue), his bumbling-but-brilliant Quebecois detective Guy LaPointe was hilarious and fascinating in all the ways that his thematically-similar role in Mortdecai wasn't.