DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: JASON KINCAID

RIPPA

Kinkaid was on the old Traditional Championship Wrestling television shows quite often as well. He's a semi-regular up here for Canada's Wrestling Elite, which seems like quite the trip from the Smokey Mountains.

I was at that TNA house show where he wrestled Chase Owens. I was behind the dude with the camera in the stands.

I got in free and still felt ripped off. Horrible show. Notice how "packed" the place is.

I don't see the fuss about him or Owens. Kincaid's proto-Rob Zombie look is, well, something, but he's the very definition of "nothing to write home about." As is Chase Owens - he's the very definition of Just There. I was happy for him, though, when I saw him wrestle Jushin Thunder Liger on a NJPW card - that's quite the leap from the Kingsport Civic Center. Owens is probably one of the worst wrestlers you'll ever see try to be a heel - he's a natural babyface and has no heel charisma.

Supposedly the next great to come from this area may be Ricky Morton's son - he's a star athlete in high school and could have the goods. Plus I'm sure having his dad as his teacher can't be a bad thing.

Maybe it was because he was just so thrilled to be working with Liger in Japan that he couldn't really be a good heel. Like I said, happy for him that he's getting to do that, but can you see either of these guys even vaguely making it in even ROH?

Still, takes guts to travel all over the place like that - you know it ain't the money.

Kincaid vs Owens for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship about a year after the TNA house show match

And I know its off topic but jstout I'd love to hear more about that TNA show.

Kincaid vs Owens for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship about a year after the TNA house show match

I was at this show. This match was too fucking long. But it was still better than the Rob Conway vs Big Daddy Yum Yum street fight main event.

Lemme see, that TNA show:

* I understand why Kincaid and Owens opened the show - if their families bought tickets, that'd be a few extra dollars in TNA's pocket. And they needed it - place holds 4,000, and TNA had 500 probably, 700 TOPS. The crowd they did have was horrendous.

* Funny thing - we were all squeezed in with a bunch of people, and we just wanted to move back a few rows to an empty section so we could stretch out a bit. But security wasn't going to let us. We finally talked her into it by assuring her we would gladly move if the rightful ticketholders claimed their seats (they didn't, of course).

* RVD wrestled a comedy match, which kinda ticked me off at the time, until I went on here and bitched about it and someone said "hell, that sounds like fun," and then I thought I should've enjoyed it more. Did someone in TNA have a hairspray gimmick at that time? I seem to recall hairspray being involved.

* Miss Tessmacher ran her crotch into someone.

* James Storm wrestled someone and actually really tried hard and made me a bigger fan of his than I already was.

* I was really psyched to see AJ Styles, but him and Captain Just There Matt Morgan had what could generously be called "a match." They didn't bring their A game. They didn't bring their B, C or D game, for that matter. In a way I can't blame them, but it was still disappointing to see AJ put in there with such a relentless goof and then absolutely try not.

* Kennedy wrestled someone. Hard to like Kennedy. Is he even still around? Goof.

* Aries wrestled Jeff Hardy in the main. I was psyched to see Aries, but he was just a backdrop to a run-in on Hardy by that biker gang they had going at the time, despite Aries having nothing to do with the biker gang. .Hardy won in a short match and got on with the business of selling pictures with the marks.

Whole thing struck me as "we've got your money, screw you" as opposed to "we're gonna put on a good show and earn your repeat business and get you to tell your friends what a good time you had."

They haven't been back since.

First Super 8 where I hadn't heard of a single name of it without thinking about it. Him and Corey Hollis were it.

That was what made me start doing guys from the tournament - since this was also the first one that I didn't know anyone

This is why I wish Wrestling Power still existed so Tim could sift through all this NWA Smokey Mountain and West Virginia Championship Wrestling

Lemme see, that TNA show:

* I understand why Kincaid and Owens opened the show - if their families bought tickets, that'd be a few extra dollars in TNA's pocket. And they needed it - place holds 4,000, and TNA had 500 probably, 700 TOPS. The crowd they did have was horrendous.

* Funny thing - we were all squeezed in with a bunch of people, and we just wanted to move back a few rows to an empty section so we could stretch out a bit. But security wasn't going to let us. We finally talked her into it by assuring her we would gladly move if the rightful ticketholders claimed their seats (they didn't, of course).

* RVD wrestled a comedy match, which kinda ticked me off at the time, until I went on here and bitched about it and someone said "hell, that sounds like fun," and then I thought I should've enjoyed it more. Did someone in TNA have a hairspray gimmick at that time? I seem to recall hairspray being involved.

* Miss Tessmacher ran her crotch into someone.

* James Storm wrestled someone and actually really tried hard and made me a bigger fan of his than I already was.

* I was really psyched to see AJ Styles, but him and Captain Just There Matt Morgan had what could generously be called "a match." They didn't bring their A game. They didn't bring their B, C or D game, for that matter. In a way I can't blame them, but it was still disappointing to see AJ put in there with such a relentless goof and then absolutely try not.

* Kennedy wrestled someone. Hard to like Kennedy. Is he even still around? Goof.

* Aries wrestled Jeff Hardy in the main. I was psyched to see Aries, but he was just a backdrop to a run-in on Hardy by that biker gang they had going at the time, despite Aries having nothing to do with the biker gang. .Hardy won in a short match and got on with the business of selling pictures with the marks.

Whole thing struck me as "we've got your money, screw you" as opposed to "we're gonna put on a good show and earn your repeat business and get you to tell your friends what a good time you had."

They haven't been back since.

sounds awful. I had a few chances to see TNA live never did too tho. Kinda glad I didnt.

I think TNA live was actually good at one point and the shows were fun, but by the time we got to this, their house show business was on its last legs.

Being Southern and forced to listen to BY GAWD SKYNYRD~! since a young age, I've taken to calling it "the smell of death" - you know how you can go into a business or restaurant and just KNOW that its days are numbered? This was the way that TNA house show was. TNA will outlast us all, somehow, but I knew the house show end of the business was doomed.

Kincaid vs. Americos

I always like Kincaid. He had some really good matches with Sigmon and a great little man vs. big man match with Lance Hoyt.

Americos is a fun babyface to root for.

Americos AKA Barrett Brown is a great young babyface. Just saw him saw a tag match.Where is partner got injured 5 minutes into the match,and the spring under the ring came loose.