DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/26/15

victor

Noticing people say that AJ is the weakest of the four I hesitantly agree on that.  Not sure why that's the case, but she should try and up her game in the ring.  But it's easy for me to forgive that because she's so damn great in different ways.  She did come back recently, so hopefully things improve in time.

Noticing people say that AJ is the weakest of the four I hesitantly agree on that.  Not sure why that's the case, but she should try and up her game in the ring.  But it's easy for me to forgive that because she's so damn great in different ways.  She did come back recently, so hopefully things improve in time.

It's just her size and athleticism. She's so much smaller than everyone else -- the Bellas can club the hell out of the other girls and Nikki does The Rack Attack. Paige is like a foot taller and has really great strikes. AJ has to use knots and twists (like the Black Widow) to really look credible. She's really good at portraying herself as clever and she does a really good job selling, I think.

I still think she's the best mic-worker and actress of the lot. But that gap has narrowed. It used to be "infinite" but now it's "oh, they kind of gave it right back and didn't seem like idiots."

I still think the Bellas need some help. Or the writing staff needs to tweak things more. AJ calling them failed actresses was met with "I'm not a failed actress." That's no-selling an insult and if HHH or someone did that the internet would be aflame.

Something like: "You're a failed champion," while holding up the title triumphantly or "I'm not a failed actress. I'm the star of a hit TV show. I walk red carpets while you sign autographs for nerds at comic conventions" would have been aces. But still, it's way better than Cameron yawning when AJ was running her down in 2013.

I did love Paige playing up her counterculture goth deal. She and AJ are the everywomen who have to overcome their professional jealousies and past tense relationship to beat the conniving champ and her twin sister. It's a really great simple feud that they've but some heat into. I really do believe AJ and Paige hate The Bellas.

• Like 2

AJ has refused to give a fuck and spent more trying to be a female CM Punk than get Paige over last year. Paige does something with the Bellas and has gotten over huge for a diva without any male affiliation.

• Like 1

I did find the whole "this is what REAL women look like!" line sort of funny.  I get what they were going for but two super thin, super toned, very traditionally attractive women with professional hair extensions and makeup compared to two super thin, super toned, very traditionally attractive women with professional hair extensions and makeup and one has implants isn't the huge difference they seem to think it is.

• Like 5

Only had to wait about 9 years for a Divas match to not feel like complete filler. Good job to all involved. There were a lot of stumbling blocks along the way, but the 'go home' for this has been better than Bray/Taker, IC title ladder match, and the WM mainevent...take that for what you will. I expect everyone involved to have her working boots on.