DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-23-15 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

I guess I'll be *that* guy, but the last thing I wanted to see tonight was more Heyman yakking. Not trying to take away from the promo, but fuck, he's been doing this for almost two months now. I wanted to see Brock and Roman try to kill each other on the last RAW before WM, not more goddamn talking.

Have Reigns interrupt before Heyman gets a word out, say he didn't come down to talk, have a fucking pull-apart brawl, and then fade to black. This shit isn't rocket science.

• Like 1

I saw the ending segment with Reigns.  Between him not even coming close to a live microphone and the fade to black during the tug-of-war that seemed so abrupt, it made Reigns look like they are losing confidence in him.

Him not talking after Heyman's promo was fine.  But the tug-of-war/abrupt ending was terrible.  Had Brock and Roman started wailing on each other with Heyman running for cover and no one wanting to stop them out of fear, it would have been great.  Just go for an ending similar to Roman/Bryan pre-Fastlane.  Easy peasy.

I guess I'll be *that* guy, but the last thing I wanted to see tonight was more Heyman yakking. Not trying to take away from the promo, but fuck, he's been doing this for almost two months now. I wanted to see Brock and Roman try to kill each other on the last RAW before WM, not more goddamn talking.

Have Reigns interrupt before Heyman gets a word out, say he didn't come down to talk, have a fucking pull-apart brawl, and then fade to black. This shit isn't rocket science.

It's rocket science if you're a WWE writer. The inspiration for the last segment came from the Levesque daughters fighting over their toys.

I can understand the ending but not necessarily agree with it selling a show like WrestleMania. It should have been like the Brock/Cena contract signing before Extreme Rules where Cena's mouth was hanging off. We should have saw headbutts and chaos, agents flying in trying to separate them, yet being shit scared of being pulled into the melee. Hell I guess I just wanted to see Arn Anderson. Like the Raw previous to the Rumble ends in like 100 dudes fighting it out in the ring. The end segment was done for the video package aesthetic. But fuck that.

I think Arn could take an F5 if he had to. This RAW needed a near riot to break out with Lesnar and Reigns and we got a tug of war.

Can Vince actually hear crowd reactions from the gorilla position at this stage? He must really think the crowd is super into Brock/Roman as a Clash of the Titans to the point he thinks them coming to blows would "ruin the spectacle". I can't believe this is a go-home show for any PPV, much less Mania. At this point Mania feels so half-assed, I assume it's a matter of the WWE brass saying "Fuck it, it's on the network for same $9.99 as everything , why try to make it special?"

• Like 1

Nikki/Paige was real good stuff in the GiveDivasAChance Match until aj ruined it. Loved the Hulkamania/Snoopmania segment, fun stuff. IC title and Cena/Rusev got the best build of the night while most everything else got really underplayed. The closing segment was ridiculous with all the hype for Reigns and Lesnar finally being face to face again then we get that. Still hoping WM delivers a pretty good show.

Can Vince actually hear crowd reactions from the gorilla position at this stage? He must really think the crowd is super into Brock/Roman as a Clash of the Titans to the point he thinks them coming to blows would "ruin the spectacle". I can't believe this is a go-home show for any PPV, much less Mania. At this point Mania feels so half-assed, I assume it's a matter of the WWE brass saying "Fuck it, it's on the network for same $9.99 as everything , why try to make it special?"

I'm not as against the show as many here are, but it does sort of feel like Vince is counting the days that he gets to start planning WM 32, that this year is going on because everyone expects it but the real stories start after March 29 going toward 2016. Though your last point may indeed be correct.

Even Michael Cole and JBL are essentially telling you You're A Moron If You Actually Buy This On PPV for $65.

• Like 1

Maybe Roman was inspired by the Barrett vs the playing field match.

We'll know if Reigns is inspired by Barrett if he wins the belt and then immediately gets injured for six months.

Aside from the weird ending, which I kinda understand what they were trying to do, I thought it was a decent show.

Rusev is most likley losing on Sunday, but damn he looks like a monster going into it. I really hope Brock sticks around, just so we get a Rusev-Lesnar match or two, with Heyman managing Rusev.

I'm not as against the show as many here are, but it does sort of feel like Vince is counting the days that he gets to start planning WM 32, that this year is going on because everyone expects it but the real stories start after March 29 going toward 2016. Though your last point may indeed be correct.

After the disaster Vince's one-year booking plans have been for WM Play Button, the last fucking thing I want to hear is that Vince might already have a plan in store for WM Hashtag.

• Like 1

As lame as the Brock-Reigns segment was, I think the ending to Ziggler-Bryan really summed up everything that is wrong with WWE right now. I know we've had the discussion here that wins and losses aren't important anymore, but Jesus, Ziggler CLEANLY pins the most popular guy in the company, a former World Champion who main evented last year's Wrestlemania, and the win could not have possibly seemed any less important. That should be a career-defining win for Ziggler, but the announcers treat it like any other match, and it immediately takes a backseat to the ridiculous IC title bullshit.

That's basically the WWE in 2015 in a nutshell for you - a lot of stuff is happening, and none of it really matters.

• Like 3

As lame as the Brock-Reigns segment was, I think the ending to Ziggler-Bryan really summed up everything that is wrong with WWE right now. I know we've had the discussion here that wins and losses aren't important anymore, but Jesus, Ziggler CLEANLY pins the most popular guy in the company, a former World Champion who main evented last year's Wrestlemania, and the win could not have possibly seemed any less important. That should be a career-defining win for Ziggler, but the announcers treat it like any other match, and it immediately takes a backseat to the ridiculous IC title bullshit.

That's basically the WWE in 2015 in a nutshell for you - a lot of stuff is happening, and none of it really matters.

That the segment ended with having none of them left standing, let alone left standing with the belt, and the IC Belt left danging impossibly out of everybody's reach is the most fitting summation/symbolism of all.

Especially if that apparent Luke Harper ankle injury from the ladder falling over on it turns out to be legit and he has to actually miss the match now. 

Trips alluded to Bryan actually wanting to reel back on being pushed too hard and ''working the work of the reality''. Like, seriously I think that's just a bullshit excuse for the inexcusable booking of Bryan since his comeback (and for years before that). At least have the commentators acknowledge that Bryan has looked rusty, isn't carrying the momentum he had when he dropped the title a year ago, maybe even a little self cynicism has crept in from the debilitating injury. You know, play on it. But nope, he's in a spot where nothing really matters. Bryan will probably win the title on Sunday, despite being pushed as the equal of Stardust, a transparent consolation prize.

That should be a career-defining win for Ziggler

Like when he cashed is his Money in the Bank contract against Alberto Del Rio to win the World Title?

Or when he beat John Cena in a ladder match in a PPV main event for the World title?

Now he's feuding for the IC title again in a match with R-Truth & Stardust...

• Like 1

That should be a career-defining win for Ziggler

Like when he cashed is his Money in the Bank contract against Alberto Del Rio to win the World Title?

Or when he beat John Cena in a ladder match in a PPV main event for the World title?

Now he's feuding for the IC title again in a match with R-Truth & Stardust...

Those wins were both laced with shenanigans. This is a clean pin in a one-on-one match.