DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-23-15 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

People say that Heyman is turning on Brock at WM and while that is a good option it really makes all of these rumors about the Rock showing up at WM confusing.

Right now the only thing holding up this main event is smoke and mirrors.  Will Rollins cash in the MITB that night?  Will Heyman turn on Brock?  Will the Rock show up to help Reigns?

Honestly, one of the few scenarios I'd like to play out that might actually work would be Rollins coming out to cash in on whomever wins the match -and- being revealed as the new Paul Heyman Guy.

Also, Daniel Bryan. We haven't discussed Daniel Bryan. Just the way Vince wants it.

It will be fun watching the ladder match completely smoke the main event.

How about the night after WrestleMania when Daniel Bryan is STILL the most over babyface on the show?

• Like 2

Also, Daniel Bryan. We haven't discussed Daniel Bryan. Just the way Vince wants it.

I would like to think that it is the "guy who wins the title has to lose all the time before" thing that seems to be a habit with the US and IC titles in the last 5 years.   

Oh and Luke Harper better not be hurt when that ladder fell on him or they are going to regret the hell out of that segment

I would like to think that it is the "guy who wins the title has to lose all the time before" thing that seems to be a habit with the US and IC titles in the last 5 years.   

Oh, I'm sure Bryan is winning the I.C. title but....I mean...   yuck.

By the way, can someone tell Bill Simmons when he shows up to a WWE show not to dress like someone who has been watching a Breaking Bad marathon session with a case of beer.  And people complain of people in the crowd of being slobs

• Like 1

Oh man it's going to be fun watching the crowd eat Roman alive on Sunday. He looked like he had no business being in the ring with Brock. When he grabbed the belt I swear Brock mouthed "are you fucking with me right now" to him. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. He's just rolling with what his bosses want. I'm sure if you asked him he knows he has no business main eventing Wrestlemania. If they had waited another year or two this wouldn't be an issue. This is all Vince being desperate to have another Hogan/Cena for his legacy before he retires or drops dead.

• Like 2

Best part of the end seg was Heyman telling the story of Reigns kicking in Lesnar's front door and renaming his kids ''Reigns'', it was wild and Brock looked to react like I did in thinking it was stupid as shit then he flipped it on it's head and Lesnar muttered ''so that's where you were going with that''.. But yeah I'm not clamoring to see the main event after that. It's Vince's match, It always has been. Reigns wins clean in the most artificial of ways possible - I think the ones throwing together possible scenarios are going to be left flat and deflated, let it go, guys.

Can Bill Simmons call Raw every week?

Is Vince secretly trying to make Roman Reigns look like a doofus? I genuinely feel bad for Reigns at this point. I guess that's one way to get him over as a sympathetic babyface - make him act like a total moron so everyone feels bad for him. 

I popped in here because I wanted to see reactions to the go-home show. Honestly, reading the RAW threads on DVDVR are a billion times better than watching RAW, something I haven't done since Bryan got hurt last year. 

I am hoping that the crowd turns on WM and makes it completely entertaining. That sounds like a show that I'll watch the week after just to see everyone share their loathing for it. 

By the way, can someone tell Bill Simmons when he shows up to a WWE show not to dress like someone who has been watching a Breaking Bad marathon session with a case of beer.  And people complain of people in the crowd of being slobs

Better yet, can someone tell him not to show up at WWE shows any more?

Or on TV at all any more?

Or on the internet either?

• Like 2

Oh man it's going to be fun watching the crowd eat Roman alive on Sunday. He looked like he had no business being in the ring with Brock. When he grabbed the belt I swear Brock mouthed "are you fucking with me right now" to him. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. He's just rolling with what his bosses want. I'm sure if you asked him he knows he has no business main eventing Wrestlemania. If they had waited another year or two this wouldn't be an issue. This is all Vince being desperate to have another Hogan/Cena for his legacy before he retires or drops dead.

That is the other thing about that segment.  We still don't have a clue on whether Brock will be back after Wrestlemania even if it is for the RAW on Monday.   One of the main things that may help this match is the idea that Brock will resign with the company.  Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't his contract expire the night of WM?   

I saw the ending segment with Reigns.  Between him not even coming close to a live microphone and the fade to black during the tug-of-war that seemed so abrupt, it made Reigns look like they are losing confidence in him.

Which only cues both the live and the television audience to turn on him even more.  They're so unsubtly hiding his weaknesses that people are reacting to him as though they see the weaknesses anyway.

If I didn't know better thanks to Daniel Bryan's segments I'd swear they were now giving up and burying Reigns deliberately.

Seeing how over Rusev is and how smark-leaning Mania crowds tend to be, what's the likelihood the crowd is almost as hostile to Cena (especially if he wins, which looks likely) as they're going to be towards Reigns?

Given the reaction of Cena beating Bray Wyatt last year, I don't think that is a worry.  

Right now I think the only thing that could rival the heat Reigns gets winning the title would be Bray Wyatt actually beating the Undertaker which I am 1000% sure won't happen.   

I can understand the ending but not necessarily agree with it selling a show like WrestleMania. It should have been like the Brock/Cena contract signing before Extreme Rules where Cena's mouth was hanging off. We should have saw headbutts and chaos, agents flying in trying to separate them, yet being shit scared of being pulled into the melee. Hell I guess I just wanted to see Arn Anderson. Like the Raw previous to the Rumble ends in like 100 dudes fighting it out in the ring. The end segment was done for the video package aesthetic. But fuck that.

• Like 1