DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] FINALS: SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. RUSEV

RIPPA

SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. RUSEV  

159 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE YOUR WINNER

Well, I finally was able to get BOARD-CERTIFIED just in time to vote in the finals, after weeks of lurking!  While I probably wouldn't have voted either guy to the finals, I have no problem with either fellow, and find it an intriguing matchup, particularly as both guys weren't able to use the English language much to his advantage in getting over.  I know folks will counter that with the Lana argument but, to me, that's a negligible part of his appeal.  I absolutely loved Rusev's hoss fight with Big E (whose downfall is woefully unnoticed), but my absolute fave Rusev moments involved his selling of Swagger's ankle attack.  It was the single best bit of selling I saw all year and I love how detail-oriented this guy is.  All this said, I voted Nakamura.  While I don't always enjoy his matches, there's no denying that he had some AHEM thrillers during the voting period, and his popularity seemed to transcend his in-ring work to a most GIF-able degree.  I had friends whom had never seen a lick of NJPW become absolutely mesmerized during the Dome Show, sending out .GIFS and vines relentlessly in the following days, and a few of them even buying his merch.  If there was ever a year to vote Nakamura, I think this is it.  I figure Rusev's career is just getting started and, hopefully, we will see him next year and in the years to come.

Yours,

JHHBjr

• Like 2