Beat Titus O'Neil

Beat Dean Ambrose

Beat Luke Harper

SAMI ZAYN

Beat Hechicero

Beat Black Terry

Beat Drew Gulak

Beat John Cena

Voted for Nakamura, but I can see the case for Sami and I think it's really close.

What hurts Sami here to me is that Nakamura is someone who I thought was the best overall performer in the World last year in the sense of charisma, presence, work and drawing power combined.  Now I have no problem at all with someone saying they are uninterested in factoring in the last of those things in a tournament like this, but it is really hard for me to vote the top babyface of a developmental league over arguably the top drawing wrestler in the World last year when I see little difference in terms of quality of work. 

Some might say "well you voted for Harper over Nakamura," but I think Harper was the better worker by a relatively small, but clear margin during the time period.  I'm not entirely sure I think Zayn was better than Nak during the time period.  

• Like 1

What DylanWaco said.  I voted for Nak. 

I don't think it's fair to look at Sami in a vacuum and discount NXT because it is a glorified developmental fed.  He's done good work there but I don't think it eclipses Nak's work.  

Conversely I voted for Luke Harper over Nak in the previous thread because even though you have the disparity of mid carder vs. main event guy, Luke Harper is still a fucking phenom.  He is even better than Rusev in getting over the little things that matter when working a match or building heat.

• Like 2

What DylanWaco said.  I voted for Nak. 

I don't think it's fair to look at Sami in a vacuum and discount NXT because it is a glorified developmental fed.  He's done good work there but I don't think it eclipses Nak's work.  

Conversely I voted for Luke Harper over Nak in the previous thread because even though you have the disparity of mid carder vs. main event guy, Luke Harper is still a fucking phenom.  He is even better than Rusev in getting over the little things that matter when working a match or building heat.

We're in agreement mate.

I've been wrong as hell in the tournament before, but I think a Nak victory here might as well be handing the whole thing to Rusev.

I'm starting to get that feeling as well.  Then again, Nakamura is more well-known now than he was before.  I don't think it would be a complete blowout by any means.  I get if somebody would vote Zayn to keep the finals close, but that shouldn't be the main reason.

Has Sami had any matches as good as Nakamura's Dome match vs Ibushi?  Sami is great, but I think Nakamura has more personality and charisma right now as well.  Nakamura is just way more polished and hard hitting, and has his gimmick down pat. Sami has a better babyface comeback, but Nak is a babyface killer.  Like i've said for so many of these matchups, goddamn I want to see this match in the Tokyo Dome!

And I don't think Nakamura beating Sami gives anything to Rusev, I think Nak/Rusev could go either way as well.  Actually Sami winning here would hand it to Rusev more than anything, because I think Rusev steam rolls him far easier than Nak.  But I'm not playing the bracket game like you guys, i'm taking each match individually and not trying to play 2 steps ahead and make favorable matchups in the next round or spite vote or all that nonsense.

This is a tough one. I have voted for both of these guys in every round so far. Sami Zayn is the most likable babyface in the world right now and his in ring has been stellar. Nakamura is bursting at the seams with charisma and is tremendous in ring as well. Have to give the nod to Zayn, it came down to which guy I would rather watch any random match they had. Either is going to be crushed by Rusev in the finals though.