DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R4: SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. LUKE HARPER

RIPPA

SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. LUKE HARPER  

126 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Crickets chirp loudly for two hours while we await the list of shitty Nakamura matches. Gee, taking this long it must be an awfully long list...Or?

Har har, I was driving home from work. Obviously, shitty is a bit hyperbolic because it wouldn't be March Madness if we weren't overreaching with declarative statements. Perhaps uninspiring would be a better word? To me, there were a lot of CHAOS tags that I felt were completely forgettable. I didn't love the Bad Luck Fale match although everyone will blame that on Fale. Really, aside from the Ibushi match which was amazing and my favorite match of the year, I thought Nakamura had more memorable stuff last year.

• Like 1

I'll agree that Nakamura had a better year last year and I'll also agree that Harper has been consistently good all year and that it isn't his fault he's not booked in a major program. However, that said, Nakamura's high points (as always) are off the frigging chart. That line about greatest hits vs. complete albums is spot on. The thing is, the greatest hits are more memorable (that's why they're hits). Next year could easily be Harper's year if he's booked in a meaningful way, but a bunch of very good six-minute matches on RAW is not going to get him the top spot in March Madness. 

• Like 2