DVDVR Message Board

FUNK/SOUL/RNB YOUTUBE BATTLE

Fat Spanish Waiter

This song should be called, "I Don't Give a Damn What You Say, She Puts That Thang on Me"

Al Green was is the fucking man

Never forget, Rick James is one of the best looking, best singing, baddest motherfuckers of all times

• 1 month later...

Here's an instrumental by Gary Bartz, produced by James Mtume & Reggie Lucas. It was basically an Mtume song, with Tawatha Agee singing the hook.

And speaking of Mtume/Lucas i really believe that their best musical period was between 1978-1982. Here's a few more examples of this....

• Like 1

In the MMORPG game I play, Degenerates, I've got bank-type accounts named after Con Funk Shun, Earth Wind & Fire, Dazz Band, Mtume, The Gap Band, Atlantic Starr, MAZE, The Blackbyrds, and The Ohio Players, and I'm working on one right now to name after The Bar-Kays. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

NEO SOUL LIVES MOTHER FUCKERS~!

So angry right now. The closest they would've been to me was when they played Howard Theater last Friday night.  That was probably the after party for the Howard vs. Hampton football game.   GO PIRATES~!

It was my custody weekend and I probably wouldn't have gone to the concert anyway after having driven two and a half hours to get to my crib in Odenton, MD.

Hard to believe from the sound of the band that this group is affiliated with Tyler, The Creator's Odd Future collective.  Syd the Kyd has a really mellow voice.

Internets traffic on post is wacko so I am too lazy to wait on scripts to run to visit the other pages in this thread to see whether or not anyone posted a Brand New Heavies video.

The only BNH song you hear on the radio is Never Stop and you've all probably heard it dozens of time, so I am going to post this underplayed soul / funk gem.

The crush I had on N'Dea Davenport, you have no idea.

Apparently this is the original version of 'Computer Love', although I'm thinking this version has a more of a 90's vibe to it because of the sound of the synths. the 85 version of Computer Love sounds a lot more 80's. 

Prefer this version than the LP version on New Zapp IV U.  Certainly has a Prince vibe to it. Shame Roger & Prince never worked together as both were on Warner's at the same time. Also, think this remix is on the remastered CD which was released a few years back. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...