DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R3: RUSEV vs. TOMOAKI HONMA

RIPPA

RUSEV vs. TOMOAKI HONMA  

113 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

That accolade when he was in tears while applying it was incredible. I love Rusev, all the way back to his NXT muggings. Still, Honma has had an incredible past few years and is consistently the best thing in wrestling outside of Daniel Bryan in my opinion. So much emotion, physical charisma, storytelling, credibility despite losing 100% of his single matches, great work in tag matches when so many of his peers mail it in, and a plethora of great singles matches.

• Like 1

Honma is great, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't make me care about a program with Jack Swagger. That's argument enough for Rusev. The matches might have been equal, but the program wouldn't have been.

Honma made me care about a Bad Luck Fale match. He can make anybody care about a Swagger match easily.

Don't get me wrong, Rusev is wonderful and should be a monster for years (plz don't break him, Cena). It's just that Honma is a top 3 wrestler in the world from my perspective. Rusev is probably top 10.

• Like 1

Honma is great, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't make me care about a program with Jack Swagger. That's argument enough for Rusev. The matches might have been equal, but the program wouldn't have been.

Zeb and Lana did the heavy lifting in that program, not to mention how perfectly timed it was, how logical Swagger's motivations were and how the crowd had been showing tendencies towards supporting Swagger for months.

Also you are greatly underestimating how great of a fake russian Honma would make.

• Like 1

None of the "Wrestler A is better because of XYZ" arguments ever sway anyone, it's all just subjective stuff we use to prop up our own opinions.

Like, I love Honma, he's great. But over the last year, I enjoy watching Rusev matches more. It's really as simple as that for me personally.