DVDVR Message Board

2015-2016 NCAA BASKETBALL SEASON

RIPPA

From all he's said I don't think Marshall is going to any school that doesn't prioritize basketball, no matter what the contract looks like.  He has a pretty plum gig right now; WSU is by far the biggest game in town, he's not competing for resources with a football team, and he has the Koch brothers as boosters.  It's going to take a really good situation to get him out of there.

I try to tell myself that Shaka is holding out for Bo Ryan to retire and he'll come home to take the UW job, but I don't think that's realistic.  I also don't think that "havoc" is going to fly in a better conference.

From all he's said I don't think Marshall is going to any school that doesn't prioritize basketball, no matter what the contract looks like.  He has a pretty plum gig right now; WSU is by far the biggest game in town, he's not competing for resources with a football team, and he has the Koch brothers as boosters.  It's going to take a really good situation to get him out of there.

I try to tell myself that Shaka is holding out for Bo Ryan to retire and he'll come home to take the UW job, but I don't think that's realistic.  I also don't think that "havoc" is going to fly in a better conference.

Ew,  I didn't know this. How does he sleep at night?

Oh, right:

columbian-drug-lord-bed.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, right:

I mean, they play in Charles Koch Arena.  It's not subtle.

Alabama is prioritizing basketball. Anthony Grant was supposed to be the start of that (remember, he was one of the hottest up-and-coming coaches in the game at the time of his hire, and nobody thought Bama could get him), but of course, he turned out to be a flop as a coach and had the personality of a rusty nail, to boot.

Alabama's AD has money to burn, and they see no reason why they can't be like Florida, in terms of being able to support high-level football and basketball. Just a few years back, they invested a lot of money in upgrading the basketball facilities. And I wouldn't be surprised if they promise Marshall that they intend to make a push to build a new arena very soon, now that the football stadium is pretty much maxed out.

Jobwatch rumors!

• LSU assistant Eric Musselman leader for Nevada?
  • CSU-San Marcos HC Jim Saia for San Diego?
  • Bobby Hurley or Lindsey Hunter for DePaul?
  • RMorris HC Andy Toole or Albany HC Will Brown for Fordham?
  • Georgetown assistant Tavaras Hardy for Bradley?
  • Interim HC David Rivers for Kennesaw State?
  • Also, Alcorn State fired their coach.

and Marshall to Alabama would make Mizzou fans bitching about Kim Anderson (after 1 year) a bit unbearable

Oh, right:

I mean, they play in Charles Koch Arena.  It's not subtle.

Hmm, that is certainly not subtle. I pretty much watch whatever I can that's on Canadian TV and it's safe to say we don't get any Missouri Valley Conference games. I'm just starting to go beyond casual Spring watcher of college hoops this year. I was already pulling for ND but now I really want Wichita State to lose (they're not going to, are they?).

Supposedly Bradley is going after Mike Davis (Texas Southern, ex-Indiana). That could be fun.

HoopDirt mentioned Dane Fife (Michigan State assistant, former IP-Ft Wayne coach, former Indiana player).

But considering that the Bradley AD is a former Indiana player, any aspiring coach that has Indiana roots is in play.

Bob-Knight-ESPN.jpg

Go on...

Supposedly Bradley is going after Mike Davis (Texas Southern, ex-Indiana). That could be fun.

HoopDirt mentioned Dane Fife (Michigan State assistant, former IP-Ft Wayne coach, former Indiana player).

But considering that the Bradley AD is a former Indiana player, any aspiring coach that has Indiana roots is in play.

Bob-Knight-ESPN.jpg

Go on...

so if Knight ever gets a Bradley game on ESPN, he might praise Bradley's HC constantly. Similar to how Knight handles St. Louis Billikens games with Jim Crews.

Also, various players transfering from various schools. and K-State dismissed their leading scorer (Marcus Foster)

Guest The Magnificent 7

Gregg Marshall isn't going to frigging Alabama.  He's got to be more ambitious than Alabama basketball and can have better jobs than that whenever he feels he's got to leave WSU.

Who Alabama needs to throw their money at is a guy whose last name rhymes with spleen.

There's an article on ESPN today about whether Cal would be a good coach in the NBA now as opposed to when the Nets handed him the keys and he tanked. One of the great theories in the YES column: He has so many great relations with agents now.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gregg Marshall isn't going to frigging Alabama. He's got to be more ambitious than Alabama basketball and can have better jobs than that whenever he feels he's got to leave WSU.

Who Alabama needs to throw their money at is a guy whose last name rhymes with spleen.

Lol nobody wants him.

Haase getting 6 years is remarkable considering that at the beginning of the season it was not at all a sure thing that he'd be back for next year.  Always nice to see a former Kansas boy do good.