DVDVR Message Board

Am I The Only One That Feels Overwhelmed With The Amount Of Wrestling Content Currently Out in 2015?

There is just so much to watch these days. I would have never thought I could feel this way.

NXT

NJPW on AXS

ROH

Lucha Underground

New Japan

I have just given up on Titan Sports. But on a weekly basis, if you have a job, it is damn near impossible to keep up with stuff. 

I might be in the minority here, but damn I wish I had more time to watching this stuff.

I definitely miss the days of being a young man getting six hour comps in the mail and just devouring them over the course of the weekend. The perils of getting old. I am so far behind on NJPW it isn't even funny and have watched maybe one episode of Lucha Underground.

I definitely miss the days of being a young man getting six hour comps in the mail and just devouring them over the course of the weekend. The perils of getting old. I am so far behind on NJPW it isn't even funny and have watched maybe one episode of Lucha Underground.

I am like 8 weeks behind Lucha Underground man. I keep telling myself I will catch up but as the weeks go on, I am realizing that day might never come.

I end up watching 3-4 NXT's in a row since I skip watching them "live" on the Network.

And then the urge to watch Nitro on Monday night because I am not watching RAW takes time away from me when I could be watching something newer.

I don't know how I feel

I have eighteen episodes of Impact on my Tivo. I might watch them at some point. Although it'll start deleting the old ones if I let them get up to 25 episodes.

I watch RAW every week. Then I marathon a couple episodes of NXT if I fall behind that on the Network. Then I watch ROH, NJPW & WWE PPVs. I skip Lucha Underground, Smackdown, iMPACT and other Indies.

It's nice having options again but a lot of the stuff, including some that I watch (like RAW) doesn't really feel too terribly important. If you miss a show, you don't really miss anything.

I get more enjoyment from wrestling Podcasts, backstage gossip & message forums than most shows nowadays.

Nothing like my habits back in the mid 00's that's for sure, I would download hundreds of hours worth of wrestling every week. I'll watch Raw, NXT, all the pay per views and pick and choose anything else when I'm bored (I much prefer gaming whilst catching up on the latest podcasts I follow) That being said I've been slowly working my way through Smackdown 2002 at the rate of an episode a week which has been fun. You do sort of outgrow the habits of watching every single thing out there, but never fully.

I mostly watch old stuff and will watch the big matches on WWE PPVs and if something is getting heavily pimped that I think I might like I'll also check that out, like I did today with EC3 vs. Spud. I am about 6 episodes into Lucha Underground and I am really liking it but I'm not if I have a chance of getting caught up any time soon.

I feel exactly the same way.  I used to order a shipment of NOAH and Dragon Gate dvds every 2 weeks and spend a weekend watching this stuff, along with everything else I could find.  I was still heavily watching WWE and TNA at the time too, but I never felt like I was short on time.  Now, I don't watch WWE or TNA, but I STILL feel like I've got more wrestling than I can watch, due to heightened responsibilities in life.  New Japan, NXT and my obligations with CWF Mid-Atlantic and OMEGA really just eat up all the wrestling free time I have.

I watch WWE Raw, Smackdown and NXT, I also watch Lucha Underground but usually I leave it a few weeks then watch a few episodes in one go, I also watch New Japan on Axs but do the same as I do for Lucha Underground, I have a lot of free time so it doesn't bother me, gives me something to watch in my boring days, we are very spoilt for wrestling compared to even 10 years a go,

For me the difference is a semantic one... "Watch" as opposed to "Have the TV on". I religiously watch NXT, New Japan and Lucha Underground, though sometimes I'll skip a week and double up. I have the TV on for RAW until it's time for Better Call Saul.

I will then have the TV on again when they rebroadcast RAW and Smackdown on Saturday night. We're not getting the Spanish Language package any longer so I'm not getting my lucha, but if I see some things getting heavily pimped, I can always put together a request for a custom comp.

It helps that SD can usually be skipped and Raw can be gotten through in around an hour and a half. NXT and LU are must watch shows. I'm keeping up on NJPW pretty well, though you have to cherry-pick what to watch (usually the reviews on VOW help). ROH is the big loser here as I very rarely watch the weekly TV show, though it's great. 

It does get overwhelming.  I watch Raw/SD, LU and NXT, Impact and ROH.  And I recently found Lucha Azteca so there's that.  I have NJPW World and need to catch up on that.  Toss in regular shows/El Rey movies on DVR and it's hard to keep track of everything.  We're planning on being parents in a couple years and I can't imagine watching half of this once we have a kid.  It sucks because I don't want any of these to go away so much as I want to gain more time to watch everything.

Getting back to work has been a bitch because on my current schedule I miss Raw, New Japan, and have to autotune Lucha Underground for the 12 AM replay. I haven't caught CMLL in forever either. Since Mun2 got booted off DirecTV, the only Raw replay is en Espanol on Spanish NBC and they don't even replay Smackdown. 

Getting back to work has been a bitch because on my current schedule I miss Raw, New Japan, and have to autotune Lucha Underground for the 12 AM replay. I haven't caught CMLL in forever either. Since Mun2 got booted off DirecTV, the only Raw replay is en Espanol on Spanish NBC and they don't even replay Smackdown. 

Smackdown doesn't get a replay because it's impossible to translate "Holla!  Holla!  Tag match, playa" into Spanish.

With me working over more over than not and 6 days a week most weeks i dont watch alot of wrestling as it airs and I havent watched RAW or SD consistantly enough since the Raw before WM30. most of the WWE I watch is off the network but mainly NXT which i've been following since before the network on Hulu. Other than NXT I watch Lucha Underground on Youtube on saturdays while I rest up.

I did watch Impact from last week and I enjoyed it but Im not sure if I'll been consistantly watching just yet. I saw a recent episode of ROH TV a few weeks ago and I thought that was good too 

I also i might seek out a Superstars match if some here recommends. I also havent missed a WWE PPV since I got the Network April, I dont watch the live so i can skip the matches i hear arent worth watching.

I dont feel overwhelmed because I can pretty much seek out what I want to watch But NXT is the only thing that I feel like i cant miss.

I will say that when i decided to watch Impact for the first time in a long time i was expecting to skip alot but I watched it all. I think that its so much good wrestling on TV that they might get the least praise because we been let down so much.

This thread is bitter sweet in a way. Its evident that there is great wrestling out there but I wish that the majority of it came from the WWE. So great wrestling could be exposed to the masses instead of buried away in the counterculture scene you know.

• Like 1

This thread is bitter sweet in a way. Its evident that there is great wrestling out there but I wish that the majority of it came from the WWE. So great wrestling could be exposed to the masses instead of buried away in the counterculture scene you know.

Its weird that i feel the same way about WWE as i do shitty indy wrestling. WWE will more than likely be the first wrestling someone in the US is exposed to, and while there is some good stuff there, its pretty inconsistent and at worst somewhat embarassing. That will turn alot of people off to wanting to see wrestling again. Just like some kid who's first show ever is some backyard level shitbag indy with dudes in tennis shoes and khakis putting on blown spot fests. Its like a shield against potential new fans.