DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R2: DAVE MASTIFF vs. SETH ROLLINS

RIPPA

DAVE MASTIFF vs. SETH ROLLINS  

105 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

But Heyman isn't a wrestler.

Yes, and what does it say when the best heel in the fed isn't a worker?  Ace worker in the fed is Luke Harper. Dude is the unsung hero of the mid-card that will never hold a title.

While I haven't enjoyed the way Seth has been booked the last couple of months (I think he's been booked too weakly; you can have a chickenshit heel that's still strong),he's still been the lead heel for the biggest show and done well with it.

While I haven't enjoyed the way Seth has been booked the last couple of months (I think he's been booked too weakly; you can have a chickenshit heel that's still strong),he's still been the lead heel for the biggest show and done well with it.

I can dig that.  I love Seth and hate the way he's been booked.  That's not really his fault, but it does rob him of the rub and Dave Mastiff has been killing it lately.

Yes, and what does it say when the best heel in the fed isn't a worker?  Ace worker in the fed is Luke Harper. Dude is the unsung hero of the mid-card that will never hold a title.

He was IC champ a few months back.

He was IC champ a few months back.

Yeah, I meant to say World title..  He won't be an ace worker monster world champ like Brody or Vader.  No one books workers with gimmicks like Harper's to the world title.

It says Rollins is better than Mas Stiff.  (Give him a mask and that would be a fun lucha gimmick for him)

And I love Harper too

I'm voting Mastiff here because what little I watched of him for this tournament was better than another Seth Rollins segment leading to a match where he is not very good on offense.

Rollins needs a) another year in the mid-to-upper midcard and b) to be a face. 

This is the match where I finally vote against a Brit. Rollins had the hardest job in wrestling this year and has managed to get consistent heel heat while having great matches with more frequency than just about anyone. Great in tags and in singles. His offense is good, his selling is better. 

I might abstain here.  Based on what little I've seen I can't honestly say I thought Mastiff was better, but Rollins is the first guy in years in the WWE where for a several month long period if he was holding a microphone I would literally change the channel. 

I gave a sympathy vote for Dave, I love the bastard. Plus if I'm using my Lesnar / Bryan reasoning then I need to vote for Dave as there is every chance he COULD turn up in a town near me.

Rollins is great though, he got over with me as a great heel just by the way he would say "Jaaaawwwnn" when he was cutting promos on Cena.

He's already held a title.

I've seen big Dave wrestle live this year and I was so impressed, seemed to have an aura about him that you can't teach. Cole/Mastiff is a match everyone should try and seek out to see how agile and intelligent of a wrestler he's becoming, hell I'd put that match ahead of anything Rollins has done from a singles perspective in the past year. The Bastard wins this one for me.

He's already held a title.

I should've qualified my statement with World Title.  I love Luke but his gimmick isn't the Vader / Bruiser Brody / Stan Hansen monster heel gimmick that WWE would put a World Title on.