DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R2: DREW GALLOWAY vs. TYLER BREEZE

RIPPA

DREW GALLOWAY vs. TYLER BREEZE  

107 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

DREW GALLOWAY

vs. Kenny King

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2izdtn_tna-impact-wrestling-2015-03-06-drew-galloway-vs-kenny-king_sport

vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr

TYLER BREEZE

w/Tyson Kidd vs. Sami Zayn/Adrian Neville

vs. Yoshi Tatsu

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1lsdj4_wwe-nxt-tyler-breeze-vs-yoshi-tatsu_sport

Galloway damn near killed himself to make the Hornswoggle/Torito TLC match as entertaining as possible.  He deserves more love for that.  On top of that, since getting released he's been a man on a mission and has been really fun to watch.

Breeze has a great gimmick and has had some great matches.  One that sticks out was against Zayn at one of the specials.  Can't say it was due to the opponent as he did hold his own.  There's a lot of potential in the guy, and I wouldn't blame anybody for picking him.

But I've always had a soft spot for Drew and you can see how far he's willing to go to make a name for himself.  If he loses I'm hoping it's a really close contest at least.

This one's tough. I think Tyler is one of those guys (like Luger) who can be as good as whoever he's working with, but needs a superior opponent to really shine. On the other hand, Drew's career has baffled me as he always struck me as a guy who had IT, but never seemed to be booked well enough to bring it out. The last few months, freed of silly gimmicks and allowed to grow, he's been a house afire. Next year it could go the other way, this year belongs to the Gael Force!

Breeze strikes me as a bland guy with a good gimmick.  Take away the gimmick and he's absolutely nothing at all.  Would anyone else on the roster do any worse with the gimmick (within reason...obviously it wouldn't work with Bull Dempsey)? 

Funny coincidence that he was trained by Lance Storm.  Remember Dancin' Lance Storm or Big Cock Lance Storm?  That's what I mean.  Shove a gimmick on a boring guy and the lameness still shines through. 

• Like 1

Breeze strikes me as a bland guy with a good gimmick.  Take away the gimmick and he's absolutely nothing at all.  Would anyone else on the roster do any worse with the gimmick (within reason...obviously it wouldn't work with Bull Dempsey)? 

Funny coincidence that he was trained by Lance Storm.  Remember Dancin' Lance Storm or Big Cock Lance Storm?  That's what I mean.  Shove a gimmick on a boring guy and the lameness still shines through. 

Even if Breeze weren't a male model, he's got Heath Slater levels of selling and jobbing and that's a high compliment. 

Right but that's what I mean.  He's a passable worker but is that enough?

I've seen some good stuff with Galloway since his comeback, including a pretty nice, fired-up performance against Strong in Evolve.  I haven't seen anything comparable out of Breeze.

I also don't think unrealistic gimmicks like that work in NXT.  Everybody knows you're  a wrestler trying to get to the big company, not a male model or a garbage man.

Breeze strikes me as a bland guy with a good gimmick. Take away the gimmick and he's absolutely nothing at all. Would anyone else on the roster do any worse with the gimmick (within reason...obviously it wouldn't work with Bull Dempsey)?

I think your being way too harsh on Breeze here. Breeze has consistently been thrown into matches with great workers and looks like he belongs.

The gimmick isn't great. A male model gimmick doesn't exactly scream money. The gimmick works because Breeze makes it work. I don't know who else on the roster could pull it off as well as he does.

• Like 1

Right but that's what I mean.  He's a passable worker but is that enough?

I've seen some good stuff with Galloway since his comeback, including a pretty nice, fired-up performance against Strong in Evolve.  I haven't seen anything comparable out of Breeze.

I also don't think unrealistic gimmicks like that work in NXT.  Everybody knows you're  a wrestler trying to get to the big company, not a male model or a garbage man.

But there is a historical precedent for police officers, clowns, garbage men, plumbers AND male models wrestling for said big company.

• Like 1

I think your being way too harsh on Breeze here. Breeze has consistently been thrown into matches with great workers and looks like he belongs.

I'll ask again - does anyone have any examples of a good Breeze match that does not involve him working with superior workers (i.e. Zayn, Neville, Kidd, Itami)? Even one?

He "looks like he belongs" because he's working with some of the best wrestlers in the world - it's their job to make him look like he belongs. Has this great work from Breeze shown up in any matches outside of the ones with the previous workers mentioned?

ETA: The bar for contentious statements continues to be raised, too - Tyler fucking Breeze is better than KENTA?

Never liked Drew Galloway except for when he would kill himself bumping like mad in some of those 3MB matches. Otherwise, I never got the hype around him and can't remember one singles match that I enjoyed that included him. 

MORELOCK, on 11 Mar 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:MORELOCK, on 11 Mar 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

JohnnyJ, on 11 Mar 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:JohnnyJ, on 11 Mar 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

I'll ask again - does anyone have any examples of a good Breeze match that does not involve him working with superior workers (i.e. Zayn, Neville, Kidd, Itami)? Even one?

He "looks like he belongs" because he's working with some of the best wrestlers in the world - it's their job to make him look like he belongs. Has this great work from Breeze shown up in any matches outside of the ones with the previous workers mentioned?

ETA: The bar for contentious statements continues to be raised, too - Tyler fucking Breeze is better than KENTA?

From the time of Itami's arrival in NXT to right now Breeze has easily been better. Were not counting shit he did in 2005. 

This is actually closer than I would like to admit.  I dig the Breeze character, and he always works hard.  If anything he feels like he is better than he should be.

Galloway on the other hand feels like he is worse than he should be in some ways.  Having said that he had some underrated matches in Evolve last year, the ICW return angle, and the WELC performance.  

If Breeze had one or two high end matches I might have voted for him, but I have give it to Drew based on what is out there. 

Is Tyler Breeze better then Goldust? Is Neville better then Cesaro. No. But in all cases, including that, they had a better year.