DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/12/15

victor

Bryan saying he was trying to forget about Wrestlemania for weeks made me think "hey, so have Vince and the writers!"

Listening to the "Sting" voiceover, I could have swore it was the bad guy with the crazy green eyes talking over the intro to Cyborg with Jean-Claude Van Damme (NSFW after the voiceover):

Wow those were the best Cena STFs ever, especially the first one where he rolled over on it, which I've never seen before. Betcha a million dollars if he ends up with the title he won't be booked 50/50 like every other undercard champ, though. 

Aside from the coconut remark which was stupid considering he followed it up saying neither of them like being insulted about his heritage, Mark killed it in his promo. Some much needed gravitas there plus the Superman punch sounded good (maybe audio doctored?), and the spear was just huge as Reigns got a good run at it. Mark eating his words and wincing in pain backstage was just as great. I'm glad they brought him out because though it should have been on Raw to give it a bigger audience at least he did his best at trying to get over Reigns. 

Hey, new Jericho DVD. There is apparently a new and possibly final ECW Unreleased DVD coming out too. Nobody really talks about any of these here anymore and I wonder why. 

Ugh, they made Orton coming back something I actually wanted (I am such a fool) into this... I know why you guys are so mad in the Raw thread. Glad I work Monday nights now. KEEP HIM AWAY FROM A MICROPHONE AND JUST HAVE HIM PUNT AND RKO PEOPLE AND ACT WEIRD. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that they're doing this with Reigns after Orton's failed at it for years yet they still force him to cut promos. 

The 6-man is solid enough and it's good to see Harper and Ambrose back in familiar surroundings. I question Ziggler not being used as a FIP the entire match though because that's just obvious. The end mic segment was just stupid but it gave me a chuckle. Seems like they let Ambrose vamp and it ended up going that way.

A few things:

1. Reigns was really over with that crowd. It didn't come across as piped in. You could actually see the crowd reacting.

2. So, for once Reigns is actually over somewhere. He then cuts an average promo.  Out comes Henry who completely kills it. Basically conducts a class on how to cut a promo. It had the right tone. It hit the right notes.   

I understand the purpose of that segment. Reigns looked good hitting his offense against Henry. However, it really drove home that Reigns doesn't have a main event promo in him yet. 

So the turd comments at Bryan were a rib they actually aired on TV, right?  That has to be it.  And if there's one thing I got from the Henry segment is just how badly I'd rather see Mark facing Brock at Wrestlemain instead of Roman.  That would be the best.

So two weeks out from Wrestlemania, the best ending they can come up with for their B show is two of your most over babyfaces calling your most over babyface a turd and then just abruptly cutting to black?  

Seriously. This is bad.

Only way it could get worse is if WWE's entire history was revealed to be the fantasy of an autistic child with a snowglobe.  Oh, and Bryan decided to become a lumberjack.

I can see it now: Sheamus wins Andre Memorial Royale. Says instead of crappy trophy wants IC title shot. Feuds with Bryan on Smackdown for eternity. OR, OR, says instead of crappy trophy wants US title shot, feuds with Cena on Raw for eternity. There, that's more like it.

• Like 2

So two weeks out from Wrestlemania, the best ending they can come up with for their B show is two of your most over babyfaces calling your most over babyface a turd and then just abruptly cutting to black?

Seriously. This is bad.

Only way it could get worse is if WWE's entire history was revealed to be the fantasy of an autistic child with a snowglobe.

That's really not that far off from what WWE is.

• Like 3

Wow, when i read the spoilers on that "turd" thing I just assumed it was a bit for the live crowd but they actually really put that on TV? What is this company doing?

At this point, I'm at least considering the notion that Vince has finally watched Major League and is trying to drive down viewership so he can get out of his tv deal and move RAW to the WWE Food Network. 

• Like 3

They should run an angle where Big Show constantly backs up the toilet with his giant sized shits.  The authority need to bring in a personal plumber to follow Show around and unclog the toilets.  This would be a good gimmick to bring Kevin Owens up in.  KO Plumbing...We Knock the Shit Out of Pipes. Finally KO gets fed up and turns on Show.   

• Like 1

They should run an angle where Big Show constantly backs up the toilet with his giant sized shits. The authority need to bring in a personal plumber to follow Show around and unclog the toilets. This would be a good gimmick to bring Kevin Owens up in. KO Plumbing...We Knock the Shit Out of Pipes. Finally KO gets fed up and turns on Show.

Wait, someone turns on Big Show? Isn't it always the other way around?

They should run an angle where Big Show constantly backs up the toilet with his giant sized shits. The authority need to bring in a personal plumber to follow Show around and unclog the toilets. This would be a good gimmick to bring Kevin Owens up in. KO Plumbing...We Knock the Shit Out of Pipes. Finally KO gets fed up and turns on Show.

Big Show will never expect someone to turn on him. It's the perfect plan.

Big Show will never expect someone to turn on him. It's the perfect plan.

Imagine if Sting did it.