DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R2: ZACK SABRE JR. vs. AJ STYLES

ZACK SABRE JR. vs. AJ STYLES  

99 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE STYLES VS. RICOCHET!!!

IT WILL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS!!!

It is the one giant hole in my bracket so far, and I now believe AJ is going to the elite 8. Bad mis-step on my part, didn't realize just how good AJ has been.

I've made that same exact mistake in years' past.

I would listen to an argument that Sabre's best three matches in the period (v. Busick, Thatcher and Nakamura) are right up there with AJ's best three matches, but I think AJ clearly has more depth and is at the most basic level a better wrestler.  It also hurts Sabre to me that within the promotion where he is a regular talent (NOAH), I don't even think he had a better voting period there than his partner Ogawa did.  

Outside the voting period, but last Saturday at the ROH TV tapings he got an epic match out of Mark Briscoe.  Not that Mark is bad, but with his gimmick lately it's amazing how great this match was.  AJ is just soooooo damn good it's unreal.  There's no shame in Zack losing to AJ in this.

I could really go for these two having a match, it would be excellent.

Which is why it shouldn't have been a surprise to me when they had that match.  I guess I've been so used to him being wacky that I forget how great he is.  Either way, I can't wait for you all to see it in four(?) weeks.

Jack's stuff in pwg entertained me more than ajs stuff in New Japan or roh, plus there's a bit of patriotic pride going on. Zack for me.

Basing it purely on PWG, Zach had an awesome showing at BOLA while AJ had two shitty matches that included an awful botched finish in one and downright putrid booking in the other.  There was seriously no reason at all to book him on those shows.

Completely wrestling unrelated, ever since I heard a podcast where AJ gave the most dogwhistle racist bullshit rant against Obama, I just can't stand watching the guy in anything.