DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: JIMMY HAVOC vs. BLACK TERRY

JIMMY HAVOC vs. BLACK TERRY  

63 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

JIMMY HAVOC

Promo for match against Rampage Brown and Dave Mastiff WHICH ISN'T FUCKING ONLINE! Grr...

vs. Rampage Brown vs. Marty Scurll vs. El Ligero

BLACK TERRY

vs. Tony Rivera - Hair Match

vs. Aero Boy

So I was the one that first nominated Jimmy Havoc, so I guess I should step up to the plate and defend him. I think that modern Indy wrestling has sort of changed in to this amorphous dream match territory system where the champion is often not a focal point of the company, because tickets are sold based on whether or not people like the Young Bucks are being brought in. Specific matches really seem to take precedent over show to show story telling. Because of that, I think Jimmy Havoc has carved out a niche with a higher degree of difficulty than basically anyone else in the tournament, as he has been a true heel champion in front of the smarkiest live crowd in the world. Seriously, no one cheers this dude. He does nothing to get people to cheer him. It's impressive. In an era where indy heels are almost compulsively winking and nudging the crowd, Havoc makes zero effort to let the crowd in on the joke. He makes a crowd that is like 2005 ROH mixed with Full Sail scream bloody murder. They forget themselves and just want to see someone they hate get punished, which is the highest compliment I can give a wrestler. 

Remember when NXT first started on the Network and people were all about Corey Graves because he was just so hateable and he really did very little, but the crowd couldn't stand him anyway? Jimmy Havoc is like a British version of that times 1,000 with worse tattoos and worse hair. That was a compliment.  

• Like 4

I also voted for Havoc because after seeing one match of his, I wanted him dead.  Dead as dead could be.  I literally cheered Rampage for spiking him, then spiking him again, and then another guy I had never seen before fuck Jimmy up more.  I could literally watch people mulch him into paste for days and never get bored.  Just let me see him die.  DIE YOU!  RAZZLEFRAZZLEGARGLERAGE!

That's talent to me.

Searching for more Jimmy Havoc and Progress posted the full Chapter 13 show on youtube, with a Jimmy Havoc v Mark Andrews ladder match as the main event. Their segment begins at the 1:53 mark.

Also, Marty Scurll is the worst. He has the shittiest punches and his offense includes opening his opponent's mouth and spitting in it. No thanks.

I figured out one of the things that takes me out of lucha matches.  Why do the referees take so long to count?  I'm not making a joke about them not knowing how to count, but I'm saying their three counts take 5+ seconds seemingly on purpose.  I don't buy into any near falls, because they seemingly have forever to kick out.  Maybe it's just the refs in this Black Terry match and the Hechicero match I watched earlier, but I find myself not caring about the near falls because the damn ref takes too long to count. 

This Jimmy Havoc dude is obnoxious as hell, and seems to play the hell out of his character.  I think he is a little scrawny to wrestle the style he does, but that is a minor gripe.  That bump he takes on the military press to the floor is insane.  With that said, the person who stands out the most in this match is Marty Scurll.  I NEVER want to see him again, he is just the worst in every possible way.

This Jimmy Havoc dude is obnoxious as hell, and seems to play the hell out of his character.  I think he is a little scrawny to wrestle the style he does, but that is a minor gripe.  That bump he takes on the military press to the floor is insane.  With that said, the person who stands out the most in this match is Marty Scurll.  I NEVER want to see him again, he is just the worst in every possible way.

You know, probably the best Marty Scurll match I've seen was from last year against.......Zack Sabre Jr.

You know, probably the best Marty Scurll match I've seen was from last year against.......Zack Sabre Jr.

tumblr_inline_n4h7corAsi1re6y31.gif

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 3