DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

Is Star Wars already starting to piss anyone else off?  It's this thing that I used to kind of like and right now it's making me hate everyone between the ages of 25 and 50 all the time because there is no place you can look that someone isn't doing Star Wars.

The means of mental and market saturation have taken astounding leaps just since Phantom Menace.

I'm starting to feel about Star Wars like I feel about the NFL and ESPN and, like, Taylor Swift.

• Like 1

Is Star Wars already starting to piss anyone else off?  It's this thing that I used to kind of like and right now it's making me hate everyone between the ages of 25 and 50 all the time because there is no place you can look that someone isn't doing Star Wars.

The means of mental and market saturation have taken astounding leaps just since Phantom Menace.

I'm starting to feel about Star Wars like I feel about the NFL and ESPN and, like, Taylor Swift.

As much as Lucas moved product, I knew when Disney got it paws on the property that they would crank up the merchandise machine like never before.

The big drawback to a company like Disney holding on to a IP that you have a nostalgic interest in.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't something similar happen with NFL (maybe NBA?) Draft hats? I seem to remember some small market hat had a skyline that was an amalgamation of things, instead of the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...

So he's admitting to fixing games.  

If it's true, he can and should get the Pete Rose treatment. 

I totally agree. Unfortunately, it won't have the impact of banning the all time hits leader, but fuck him and anyone tied to any sort of behaviors associated with manipulating the outcomes of games not involving a bat, ball or glove.