DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is this really all that dumb? He made a PH appearance to keep an almost 1800 consecutive game streak going. Didn't Lebron only miss like one game when he had the cheekbone broken a few years ago? There's a whole lot greater chance of taking another shot to the face in a basketball game, that's for sure.

I kind of feel like this belongs in a thread about how fucking studly baseball players are.

4 minutes ago, piranesi said:

My take is that it owns but only if for the rest of his life that rubber thing on his face is all that's keeping his brain from sliding through the baseball-shaped hole where his mid-face used to be.

Did you watch the video in the article of the HBP? You might be right about the hole in his head, it was fucking brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

I love that he thought Hershiser was going to try to stop him. From listening to him on Dodger broadcasts, you can tell Orel is the type of guy to think going back into the dugout incognito would be a great idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Raul Mondesi is going to prison for 8 years in the Dominican Republic for being a corrupt shithead of a mayor. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/raul-mondesi-sentenced-years-prison-corruption-article-1.3509936

On 10/25/2017 at 2:25 PM, odessasteps said:

On sports radio in Toronto, just heard someone say:

" Sandy Koufax didn't pitch on Fridays."

Well, to be accurate he didn't pitch early morning (8AM start)  games on Fridays.