DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

John Wetteland has been arrested and charged with "continuous sexual abuse of a minor."   

His accuser says Wetteland sexually assaulted him 3 times as a young child.  He's out on bond.   

My first thought was to publicly execute the guy, and then I read all the fucked up stuff he went through as a kid (and it's hinted he was molested) and the whole situation is just so sad and awful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just saw it, and if that kind of shit will pop off in public, what kind of things must she endure behind closed doors?  

There didn't seem to be too much mind paid to the racist PAC that one of their owners was donating to, but it's lightyears easier to remove a CEO than it is an owner.

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

TMZ posted a video where soon-to-be-ex San Francisco Giants CEO Larry Baer can be seen physically assaulting his wife.  

It's horrible.  

That's not what happened. He grabbed his phone, she didn't let go, and her chair tipped over. 

I see no grabbing of the shoulder and, as she herself has said, the chair tips over when she tries to stand up. 

Make no mistake - he was wrong. But he didn't push her, he didn't slap her, he didn't hit her, he didn't intentionally throw her to the ground, etc. It's a stretch - at best - to call it assault, especially since he's retrieving his own property. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, looks like A-Rod proposed to J-Lo over the weeked.  Jose Canseco has been going scorched earth on Twitter blasting A-Rod and posting his actual cell number.  It's quite the meltdown.

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

So, looks like A-Rod proposed to J-Lo over the weeked.  Jose Canseco has been going scorched earth on Twitter blasting A-Rod and posting his actual cell number.  It's quite the meltdown.

No way, Jose!!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

What is this "bring back" shit?

Exactly. The only tie I've worn in the last decade is my bolo with a bear's claw wrapped around a big ol' chunk of turquoise mounted on a silver backing. The "tassels" are engraved 30.06 shell casings. Looks totally badass. 

You don't really see bolo ties in my world, especially living in New Jersey. The traditional necktie as we think of it, yes but bolo's no. Outside of Bobby Heenan, the only person I remember wearing one since the early 90s was the kid that ran for student council president of Warnsdorfer Elementary School in 5th grade, Michael Katz. He wore a bolo when he made his speech. They also used to sell them at the retailer Merry-Go-Round, which was defunct by 1996.  Why do I remember such asinine details? I don't know.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 10:33 PM, Tabe said:

That's not what happened. He grabbed his phone, she didn't let go, and her chair tipped over. 

MLB respectfully disagrees. 

Baer has been suspended without pay until July. 

• Like 1

Look, I haven't posted because I don't think there's any value in arguing over this but after reading the responses and adjectives in this thread and elsewhere then watching the video I was confused. He is clearly in the wrong but so are ignorant posts like the above. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Look, I haven't posted because I don't think there's any value in arguing over this but after reading the responses and adjectives in this thread and elsewhere then watching the video I was confused. He is clearly in the wrong but so are ignorant posts like the above. 

Then school me.

Who in your opinion thinks his actions are A-OK?

7 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Then school me.

Who in your opinion thinks his actions are A-OK?

That's not what you said. You said that anybody that thinks he was grabbing his phone is a MRA. I don't want to speak for Tabe but he said the guy was in the wrong to wrestle his phone away from her but it's pretty clear he didn't grab her shoulder and didn't hit her. I feel the reactions were OTT and at the same time think he was clearly in the wrong. I understand the thousands of years history of men physically abusing women with carte blanche and the need to stamp that shit out. However, overreactions like with this case are not the answer and I feel undermine that cause by giving the people you bring up ammunition they don't need. 

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

That's not what you said. You said that anybody that thinks he was grabbing his phone is a MRA. I don't want to speak for Tabe but he said the guy was in the wrong to wrestle his phone away from her but it's pretty clear he didn't grab her shoulder and didn't hit her. I feel the reactions were OTT and at the same time think he was clearly in the wrong. I understand the thousands of years history of men physically abusing women with carte blanche and the need to stamp that shit out. However, overreactions like with this case are not the answer and I feel undermine that cause by giving the people you bring up ammunition they don't need. 

I was out of line and apologize for my poor choice of words.

As for Baer, he grabs her wrist and leverages her over to the ground, IMO.

I have no candy for him or his apologists.

• Like 1